Queen Elizabeth II
is Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
, Antigua and Barbuda
, The Bahamas
, New Zealand
, Papua New Guinea
, Saint Kitts and Nevis
, Saint Lucia
, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
, the Solomon Islands and Tuvalu
. She is head of the Commonwealth
and of the .
- I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong.
- 1992 is not a year on which I shall look back with undiluted pleasure. In the words of one of my more sympathetic correspondents, it has turned out to be an 'Annus Horribilis'.
- After a fire at Windsor Castle and several personal scandals in the royal family. Annus horribilis is Latin for "horrible year"; the letter to which the Queen was referring was sent by Sir Edward Ford.
- Speech at the Guildhall, London, to mark the 40th anniversary of her Accession (24 November 1992)
- We are a moderate, pragmatic people, more comfortable with practice than theory.
- Speech in reply to Addresses from both Houses of Parliament in Westminster Hall in the year of Her Golden Jubilee (30 April 2002)
- Oh, dear, I hope it wasn't anyone important.
- Football's a difficult business and aren't they prima donnas?
- The Queen gives her opinion to Premier League chairman Sir David Richards, as quoted in BBC News (2 January 2007)]