Ask a question about 'Sven Nilsson'
Start a new discussion about 'Sven Nilsson'
Answer questions from other users
was a Swedish
Sweden , officially the Kingdom of Sweden , is a Nordic country on the Scandinavian Peninsula in Northern Europe. Sweden borders with Norway and Finland and is connected to Denmark by a bridge-tunnel across the Öresund....
zoologist and archaeologist, who was director of the Naturhistoriska Riksmuseet (1828-1831), professor of Natural history at Lund University
Lund University , located in the city of Lund in the province of Scania, Sweden, is one of northern Europe's most prestigious universities and one of Scandinavia's largest institutions for education and research, frequently ranked among the world's top 100 universities...
(1832-1856), and rector of the university (1845-1846). He published large works on Scandinavian fauna, worked as a field archaeologist and introduced ethnographic perspectives in archaeology. He was made a member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences
The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences or Kungliga Vetenskapsakademien is one of the Royal Academies of Sweden. The Academy is an independent, non-governmental scientific organization which acts to promote the sciences, primarily the natural sciences and mathematics.The Academy was founded on 2...
- De variis mammalia disponendi modis (1812)
- Ornithologia suecica (1817-1821)
- Prodromus ichthyologiae scandinavicae (1832)
- Observationes ichthyologicae (1835)
- Skandinavisk fauna (1820-1853)
- Historia molluscorum Sueciae (1823)
- Petrificata suecana (1827)
- Illuminerade figurer till skandinavisk fauna (1832-1840)
- Prodromus ichthyologiae (1832)
- The Primitive Inhabitants of the Scandinavian North (1838-1843) - Sven Nilsson describes four stages of culture transition:STAGE 1. Hunting and Fishing STAGE 2. Pastoralism STAGE 3. Agriculture STAGE 4. Civilization
- Skandinaviska Nordens urinvånare (1862-1866)
- Die Ureinwohner des skandinavischen Nordens (1863-1868)
- BHL Ornithologia suecica
- BHL Historia Mollusca
- BHL Skandinavisk fauna
- BHL Skandinavisk herpetologi