Ask a question about 'European NAvigator'
Start a new discussion about 'European NAvigator'
Answer questions from other users
was the former name of the digital library on the history of European integration and related institutions. The research project is now online at www.cvce.eu, a website dedicated to European integration studies.
The project is developed by the CVCE (Centre Virtuel de la Connaissance sur l'Europe), a Luxembourg-based public undertaking that is actively supported by the Ministry of Culture, Higher Education and Research.
The website is available in English and French, though some documents are available in other languages.
The large multimedia knowledge base includes:
- original texts (treaties, etc.)
- video clips
- audio clips
- press articles
- interactive maps
- 'Historical Events' contains material on all the events that have contributed to the European integration process;
- 'European Organizations' looks at the operation of all the institutions of the European Union
The European Union is an economic and political union of 27 independent member states which are located primarily in Europe. The EU traces its origins from the European Coal and Steel Community and the European Economic Community , formed by six countries in 1958...
(e.g. European Parliament
The European Parliament is the directly elected parliamentary institution of the European Union . Together with the Council of the European Union and the Commission, it exercises the legislative function of the EU and it has been described as one of the most powerful legislatures in the world...
, European Commission
The European Commission is the executive body of the European Union. The body is responsible for proposing legislation, implementing decisions, upholding the Union's treaties and the general day-to-day running of the Union....
) and the various other European institutions;
- 'Special Files' are devoted to specific subjects;
- 'Interviews' contains exclusive interviews with people who have played a part in the European integration process (Jacques Santer, Otto von Habsburg, etc.);
- 'Research& Teaching' provides resources for teachers to enable their pupils to learn about European integration
European integration is the process of industrial, political, legal, economic integration of states wholly or partially in Europe...