Ask a question about 'Southwest Aceh Regency'
Start a new discussion about 'Southwest Aceh Regency'
Answer questions from other users
Southwest Aceh Regency
is a regency in the Aceh
Aceh is a special region of Indonesia, located on the northern tip of the island of Sumatra. Its full name is Daerah Istimewa Aceh , Nanggroë Aceh Darussalam and Aceh . Past spellings of its name include Acheh, Atjeh and Achin...
province of Indonesia
Indonesia , officially the Republic of Indonesia , is a country in Southeast Asia and Oceania. Indonesia is an archipelago comprising approximately 13,000 islands. It has 33 provinces with over 238 million people, and is the world's fourth most populous country. Indonesia is a republic, with an...
. The regency covers an area of 2334.01 square kilometres and according to the 2000 census had a population of 110,667 people. The seat of the regency government is at Blangpidie
Blangpidie or Blang Pidie is a town in the Aceh province of Indonesia and it is the capital of Southwest Aceh Regency. Blangpidie is located on the west coast of Sumatra island and the main Banda Aceh — Medan road passes through the town....
The regency is divided administratively into subdistricts
In Indonesia, a kecamatan or district is a subdivision of a regency or of a city . A district is itself divided into kelurahan or administrative villages....
- Babah Rot (1 district subdivision, 7 villages)
- Blangpidie (1 district subdivision, 29 villages)
- Jeumpa (4 district subdivisions, 10 villages)
- Kuala Batee (3 district subdivisions,18 villages)
- Lembah Sabil (3 district subdivisions, 12 villages)
- Manggeng (1 district subdivision, 29 villages)
- Setia (2 district subdivisions, 6 villages)
- Susoh (4 district subdivisions, 28 villages)
- Tangan-Tangan (1 district subdivision, 21 villages)