Ask a question about 'Iota Sigma Pi'
Start a new discussion about 'Iota Sigma Pi'
Answer questions from other users
Iota Sigma Pi
is an elective US honor society for women in chemistry
Chemistry is the science of matter, especially its chemical reactions, but also its composition, structure and properties. Chemistry is concerned with atoms and their interactions with other atoms, and particularly with the properties of chemical bonds....
, first established in 1902. The organization presents several awards to women in chemistry.
- Centennial Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching
- National Honorary Member
- Award for Professional Excellence
- Agnes Fay Morgan Research Award
The Agnes Fay Morgan Research Award was established in 1951 by the Iota Sigma Pi honorary society for women in chemistry. The award is given for research achievement in chemistry or biochemistry to a woman not over forty years of age at the time of her nomination...
- The Gladys Anderson Emerson Undergraduate Scholarship
- The Undergraduate Award for Excellence in Chemistry
- Anna Louise Hoffman Award for Outstanding Achievement in Graduate Research
- Members-at-Large Reentry Award