Ask a question about 'Imdadul Haq Milon'
Start a new discussion about 'Imdadul Haq Milon'
Answer questions from other users
Imdadul Haq Milon
(1955) is a popular Bangladesh
Bangladesh , officially the People's Republic of Bangladesh is a sovereign state located in South Asia. It is bordered by India on all sides except for a small border with Burma to the far southeast and by the Bay of Bengal to the south...
i novelist. He was born in Bikrampur
Bikrampur pargana is situated 12 miles south of Dhaka, the modern-day capital of Bangladesh. It lies in the Munshiganj District of Bangladesh. It is a historic region in Bengal. The region is famous for its early Buddhist scholarships and in the later period for its cultural influences...
, Munshiganj District
Munshiganj also historically known as Bikrampur is a district in central Bangladesh. It is a part of the Dhaka Division and borders Dhaka District.-Geography:...
Milon graduated from Jagannath College. He went to Germany
Germany , officially the Federal Republic of Germany , is a federal parliamentary republic in Europe. The country consists of 16 states while the capital and largest city is Berlin. Germany covers an area of 357,021 km2 and has a largely temperate seasonal climate...
to rebuild life and after returning,wrote one of his premier works, 'Poradhinota'.
As a writer, Imdadul Haq Milon is very flexible. From classic stories, historical writings to very simple love stories, he is everywhere. He also takes interview from famous writers and takes part in a talk show, 'Kee Kotha Tahar Sone'. (কী কথা তাহার সনে)
His popularity is mainly for his love-stories. A huge number of his novels deal with human love between men and women in which he has demonstrated the topic in real like situation with a more practical diction and feeling. By his more than one hundred novels he has created himself as a legendary fictionist in the fiction writing world of Bangladesh.
classic and historic
- Desh Vager Por (After the division of the country)
- Neta Je Rate Nihoto Holen (The night the leader was assassinated)
- Jabojjibon (Lifelong, written in 1976, published in 1990)
- Nodi Upakhyan (The Story of River, 1985)
- Bhumiputro (A Son of the Soil, 1985)
- Kalakal (Proper or Improper Time, 985)
- Poradhinota (Subgugation, 1985)
- Rupnagor (A Place of Love, 1988)
- Rajakartontro (Time of the Collaborators, 1990)
Novels published later
- O Radha O Krisna (O Radha! O Krisna!) in 1977 (published in 1982)
- Duhkho Kasto (Pains and Sufferings) in 1978 (published in 1982)
- Uponayok (The Second Hero) in 1979 (published in 1990)
- The World Astrological Association Award, 1986)
- Echo Literary Award (1987)
- Humayun Qadir Literary Award (1992)
- Bangla Academy Award
Bangla Academy Award is a literary award given by the Bangla Academy of Bangladesh in recognition of creative genius in advancement and overall contribution in the field of Bangla language and literature....
- Purabi Padak (1993)
- Bijoy Padak (1994)
- Manu Theatre Padak (1995)
- Jai Jai Din Patrika Award (1995)
- Dhaka Juba Foundation Padak (1996)