Ask a question about 'Daphne Slater'
Start a new discussion about 'Daphne Slater'
Answer questions from other users
(1928-) is an English actress noted for Shakespearian and period films and wife of John Harrison (1924-) actor, film and television director
A television director directs the activities involved in making a television program and is part of a television crew.-Duties:The duties of a television director vary depending on whether the production is live or recorded to video tape or video server .In both types of productions, the...
and producer. She achieved major screen parts in dozens of television dramas and novel adaptations, including the role of Queen Mary I
Mary I was queen regnant of England and Ireland from July 1553 until her death.She was the only surviving child born of the ill-fated marriage of Henry VIII and his first wife Catherine of Aragon. Her younger half-brother, Edward VI, succeeded Henry in 1547...
in the 1971 BBC
The British Broadcasting Corporation is a British public service broadcaster. Its headquarters is at Broadcasting House in the City of Westminster, London. It is the largest broadcaster in the world, with about 23,000 staff...
TV serial Elizabeth R
- "The Courtneys of Curzon Street" (1947) .... Cynthia Carmody
- ... aka Kathy's Love Affair (USA) ... aka The Courtney Affair (USA)
- "Emma" (1948) (TV) .... Harriet Smith
- "Pride and Prejudice" (1952) (mini) TV mini-series
A miniseries , in a serial storytelling medium, is a television show production which tells a story in a limited number of episodes. The exact number is open to interpretation; however, they are usually limited to fewer than a whole season. The term "miniseries" is generally a North American term...
.... Elizabeth Bennet
Elizabeth Bennet, later Elizabeth Darcy, is the protagonist in the 1813 novel Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. She is often referred to as Eliza or Lizzy by her friends and family...
- "Romeo and Juliet" (1954) Stratford-upon-Avon RSC Theatre ... Rosalind
- "Jane Eyre" (1956) (TV) .... Jane Eyre
Jane Eyre is the heroine of Charlotte Brontë's 1847 novel of the same name.-Appearance:Jane Eyre is described as plain, with an elfin look. She sees herself as "poor, obscure, plain and little". Mr. Rochester once compliments Jane's "hazel eyes and hazel hair", but she tells the reader about Mr...
- "Precious Bane" (1957) TV series .... Prue Sarn
- BBC Sunday Night Theatre: Berkeley Square (1959) (TV) .... Helen Pettigrew
- ... aka Sunday-Night Theatre: Berkeley Square (UK: series title)
- "The Burning Glass" (1960) TV episode .... Mary Terriford
- "ITV Play of the Week" .... Mary Terriford (1 episode, 1960)
- ... aka Play of the Week (UK: short title)
Persuasion is a 1960 British television mini-series adaptation of the Jane Austen novel of the same name. It was produced by the BBC and was directed by Campbell Logan. Daphne Slater stars as Anne Elliot, and Paul Daneman as Captain Frederick Wentworth...
" (1960) (mini) TV mini-series .... Anne Elliot
Anne Elliot is the protagonist of Jane Austen's sixth and last completed novel, Persuasion .-Description:Anne is the overlooked middle daughter of a narcissistic and extravagant baronet, Sir Walter Elliot of Kellynch Hall. Unique among Jane Austen heroines, she is 27 years old and seemingly a...
- "Armchair Theatre" (1 episode, 1962)
- "Nothing to Pay" (1962) TV episode
- "Out of the Unknown" .... Margaret Wilson (1 episode, 1965)
- Stranger in the Family (1965) TV episode .... Margaret Wilson
- "The Wednesday Play" .... Stella Forty / ... (2 episodes, 1964–1966)
- Photo Finish (1966) TV episode .... Stella Forty
- The Big Breaker (1964) TV episode .... Sybil
- "Jackanory" .... Storyteller (5 episodes, 1967)
- The Little White Horse: Part 5 - Out of the Sea (1967) TV episode ... Storyteller
- The Little White Horse: Part 4 - The Castle in the Pinewoods (1967) TV episode ... Storyteller
- The Little White Horse: Part 3 - The Iron Sword (1967) TV episode .... Storyteller
- The Little White Horse: Part 2 - The Ghost of Sir Wrolf (1967) TV episode ... Storyteller
- The Little White Horse: Part 1 - The Merryweathers of Moonacre (1967) TV episode ... Storyteller
- "The Jazz Age" .... Miss. Crowe (1 episode, 1968)
- Black Exchange (1968) TV episode .... Miss. Crowe
- "Callan" .... Stella Paxton (1 episode, 1969)
- Jack-on-Top (1969) TV episode .... Stella Paxton
- "The Gold Robbers" .... Mrs. Oscroft (1 episode, 1969)
- Account Rendered (1969) TV episode .... Mrs. Oscroft
- "W. Somerset Maugham" .... Margery Bishop (1 episode, 1970)
- Virtue (1970) TV episode .... Margery Bishop
- "Play for Today" .... Mary Palmer (1 episode, 1970)
- I Can't See My Little Willie (1970) TV episode .... Mary Palmer
- "Elizabeth R" (1971) (mini) TV mini-series .... Mary I
- "Thirty-Minute Theatre" (1 episode, 1971)
- Footprints (1971) TV episode
- "ITV Playhouse" (1 episode, 1974)
- Love Affair (1974) TV episode
- "Shadows" .... Mrs. Butler (1 episode, 1975)
- The Future Ghost (1975) TV episode .... Mrs. Butler