Ask a question about 'Christopher Knight (author)'
Start a new discussion about 'Christopher Knight (author)'
Answer questions from other users
is an author who has written several pseudoarcaeological
Pseudoarchaeology — also known as alternative archaeology, fringe archaeology, fantastic archaeology, or cult archaeology — refers to interpretations of the past from outside of the academic archaeological community, which typically also reject the accepted scientific and analytical methods of the...
Pseudohistory is a pejorative term applied to a type of historical revisionism, often involving sensational claims whose acceptance would require rewriting a significant amount of commonly accepted history, and based on methods that depart from standard historiographical conventions.Cryptohistory...
books dealing with theories such as 366-degree geometry
366 geometry or 366-degree geometry is the name given to an hypothetical geometry supposedly used and perhaps created by an alleged megalithic civilization of Britain and Brittany, France, according to British authors Alan Butler and Christopher Knight, and French author Sylvain Tristan...
and the origins of Freemasonry
Freemasonry is a fraternal organisation that arose from obscure origins in the late 16th to early 17th century. Freemasonry now exists in various forms all over the world, with a membership estimated at around six million, including approximately 150,000 under the jurisdictions of the Grand Lodge...
. Knight appears in the two-part History Channel
History, formerly known as The History Channel, is an American-based international satellite and cable TV channel that broadcasts a variety of reality shows and documentary programs including those of fictional and non-fictional historical content, together with speculation about the future.-...
documentary "Decoding the Past – Mysteries of the Freemasons".
Co-authored with Robert Lomas:
- The Book Of Hiram: Freemasonry, Venus and the Secret Key to the Life of Jesus, April 2003
- Uriel's Machine
Uriel's Machine:The Ancient Origins of Science is a book published in 2000 by Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas. The book's name is derived from a character of the same name in the Book of Enoch...
: The Ancient Origins of Science, March 1999
- The Holy Grail, part of Mysteries Of The Ancient World: The Mysteries of the Ancient World Explored and Explained, June 1998
- The Second Messiah: Templars, The Turin Shroud and the Great Secret of Freemasonry, April 1997
- The Hiram Key: Pharaohs, Freemasons and the Discovery of the Secret Scrolls of Jesus
The Hiram Key: Pharaohs, Freemasonry, and the Discovery of the Secret Scrolls of Jesus is a 1997 book by Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas...
, March 1996
Co-authored with Alan Butler
- Civilization One: The World is not as you thought it was. 2004
- Who Built the Moon?: 2005
- Solomon's Power Brokers: The Secrets of Freemasonry, the Church and the Illuminati. 2007
- Before the Pyramids. Cracking archaeology's greatest mystery. 2009