Ask a question about 'Bushra Farrukh'
Start a new discussion about 'Bushra Farrukh'
Answer questions from other users
is a Pakistan
Pakistan , officially the Islamic Republic of Pakistan is a sovereign state in South Asia. It has a coastline along the Arabian Sea and the Gulf of Oman in the south and is bordered by Afghanistan and Iran in the west, India in the east and China in the far northeast. In the north, Tajikistan...
i poet. She was born in Peshawar
Peshawar is the capital of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and the administrative center and central economic hub for the Federally Administered Tribal Areas of Pakistan....
. She is one of the female Urdu
Urdu is a register of the Hindustani language that is identified with Muslims in South Asia. It belongs to the Indo-European family. Urdu is the national language and lingua franca of Pakistan. It is also widely spoken in some regions of India, where it is one of the 22 scheduled languages and an...
poets of Pakistan. She has also served Pakistan Television
The Pakistan Television Corporation is Pakistan's national television broadcaster. The first live transmission of PTV began on November 26, 1964, in Lahore...
and Radio Pakistan as an announcer.She is the artist of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa who has performed in four different languages Urdu, Pashto, Hindko and English at television and radio. Bushra Farrukh has performed many radio and television programs. All her programs have been enjoyed especially among the youth.
Bushra Farrukh is a poetess of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and her three poetry collections have been published.
- Bohat Gehri Udasi Hai ( Farrukh) 1985
- Adhuri Mohabbat Ka Poora Safar ( WTO) 1990
- Ik Qayamat hai lamha e Fikiria ( an anthology of Urdu poetry) 1987
- Sardar Abdur Rab Nishtar Award (Gold Medal) 2003-2004
- Hindko World Conference Award 2005
- Bazm-e-Bahar-e-Adab Silver Jubilee Award 2005
- City District Government Award 2004
- Farogh Adabi Award 2004
- Rozan International Literary Award 2003
- Taangh Waseep Award 2000
- Khyber College of Commerce Shield 2000
- Azeem Welfare Society Award 1999
- PTV Award 1998 (Best Performance Award) 1987 to 1997
- Moshiqar-e-Aazam Award 1997
- Agfa Award 1997
- Agfa Award 1996
- Frontier Cultural Club Award 1995
- Frontier Arts Council Award (Gold Medal) 1995
- Meer Arts Society Award 1986
- Frontier Arts Council Award (Gold Medal) 1982
- Coca Cola Award 1978
- Sultani Award 1976
- Pakistan Artists Equity Award 1973
- Pakistan Television (Peshawar Center):
Served PTV Peshawar Center as an announcer for 10 year and worked as a drama artist for 35 years.
Served Radio Pakistan as an announcer, Compare and a drama artist for 35 years.
Served Women writer's forum for 3 years as General Secretary and 1 year as its Chief Organizer.
- Business Women Association:
Served Business Women Association for 2 year as Public Relations Officer, Institute Of Computer Management Sciences (ICMS).
Served Institute of Computer Management Sciences Hayatabad Peshawar for 1 year as the in charge literary wing ICMS.
- Currently working on her play “aur hum wafa karte rahe” She is writing as well as directing the play.
- Produced a very famous Pushto serial “woona da chinaar”