Ask a question about 'Yuki'
Start a new discussion about 'Yuki'
Answer questions from other users
The romanization of Japanese is the application of the Latin alphabet to write the Japanese language. This method of writing is known as , less strictly romaji, literally "Roman letters", sometimes incorrectly transliterated as romanji or rōmanji. There are several different romanization systems...
of various Japanese given names or words (such as 友紀, 由貴, 由岐, 油木, 結城, 雪, 祐樹, 有希). They may refer to:
- Yuki, Hiroshima (Jinseki)
Yuki was a town located in Jinseki District, Hiroshima, Japan.On November 5, 2004 Yuki was merged with the towns of Sanwa and Jinseki, and the village of Toyomatsu, all from Jinseki District, to form the new town of Jinsekikōgen....
, a town in Jinseki District, Hiroshima, Japan
- Yuki, Hiroshima (Saeki)
Yuki was a town located in Saeki District, Hiroshima, Japan.On April 25, 2005 Yuki was merged into Saeki-ku of the city of Hiroshima.As of 2003, the town had an estimated population of 7,618 and a density of . The total area was ....
, a town in Saeki District, Hiroshima, Japan
- Yūki, Ibaraki
is a city located in Ibaraki, Japan.As of May 1, 2011, the city has an estimated population of 51,966, with a household number of 18,132 and the density of 789.28 persons per km². There is a relatively large population of people of Brazilian, Filipino, Peruvian, and mixed descent...
, a city on Honshu island in Japan
- Yuki, Tokushima
was a town located in Kaifu District, Tokushima, Japan.On March 31, 2006 Yuki was merged with the town of Hiwasa, also from Kaifu District, to form the new town of Minami....
, a town in Kaifu District, Japan
- Yūki clan
The Yūki family was a Japanese samurai clan composed of two branches: the Shimōsa Yūki and the Shirakawa Yūki. Descended from the famous kuge Fujiwara no Hidesato, the clan became split during the Nanboku-chō wars of the 14th century, in which one branch supported the Southern Imperial Court, and...
, a clan in 14th century Japan
- Yuki tribe
The Yuki are a Native American people from the zone of Round Valley, in what today is part of the territory of Mendocino County, Northern California. Yuki tribes are thought to have settled as far south as Hood Mountain in present-day Sonoma County...
, a Native American tribe in California
Persons with the given name
- Yu~ki, a 1990s bassist of Malice Mizer
- Yuki, a guitarist of Japanese rock group Λucifer
- Yuki (kickboxer), kickboxer who fought in semifinals of the K-1 World Grand Prix 2009 in Tokyo Final 16 Qualifying GP
- Yuuki (keyboardist), a keyboard player of An Cafe, a Japanese group formed in 2003
- Yuhki (keyboardist), a keyboard player of Galneryus, a Japanese power metal/neoclassical metal band
- Yuki (singer) (born 1972), stage name of Yuki Isoya, female vocalist of Japanese band Judy and Mary
- Yuki, stage name of Yukiyo Yamamoto, a vocalist in the Bennie K
Bennie K is an urban female duo that consists of vocalist Yuki and rapper Cico, who both love American hip-hop music. They met while Yuki was in Los Angeles undergoing voice training with Roger Burnley...
- Yuki Amemiya
is a Japanese manga artist. She was born in Miyagi Prefecture, Japan.She writes 07-Ghost together with Yukino Ichihara, which is published in Monthly Comic Zero Sum.-External links:...
, Japanese manga artist
- Yuki Bhambri
Yuki Bhambri is a male Indian professional tennis player. Yuki is managed by IMG and trains at the IMG Bollettieri Academy in Bradenton, Florida.-Junior career:...
(born 1992), Indian tennis player
- Yuki Fuji (born 1981), Japanese football player. He plays for Giravanz Kitakyushu
- Yuki Fukaya (born 1982), Japanese footballer. He currently plays for Omiya Ardija
- Yuki Furuta
is a member of the Supreme Court of Japan.- References :...
(born 1942), Supreme Court of Japan member
- Yuki Igari (born 1988), Japanese footballer who plays for Shonan Bellmare
- Yuki Ishikawa
Yuki Ishikawa is a Japanese volleyball player who plays for JT Marvelous.She plays for the All-Japan women's volleyball team and was a participant at the 2006 Volleyball Grand Prix....
(born 1987), Japanese volleyball player who plays for JT Marvelous
- Yuki Kaida
is a voice actress and radio personality from Tokyo, Japan. Although she has an extensive vocal range, voicing a large variety of characters throughout her career, she is commonly typecasted as young males, achieving mainstream success as her roles in Hunter × Hunter as Kurapika, The Prince of...
, a voice actress and radio personality from Tokyo, Japan
- Yuki Kajiura
, born August 6, 1965 in Tokyo, Japan, is a Japanese composer and music producer. She has provided the music for several popular anime series, such as one of the Kimagure Orange Road movies, Noir, .hack//SIGN, Aquarian Age, Madlax, My-HiME, My-Otome, .hack//Roots, Pandora Hearts, Puella Magi...
(born 1965), Japanese composer and music producer
- Yuki Karakawa
is a Japanese Nippon Professional Baseball pitcher with the Chiba Lotte Marines in Japan's Pacific League.-External links:...
(born 1989), Japanese Nippon Professional Baseball pitcher with the Chiba Lotte Marines in Japan's Pacific League
- Yuki Kashiwagi
, is a member of the Japanese idol group AKB48. She auditioned for AKB48 on December 3, 2006, and is now captain of Team B. Her talent agency is Watanabe Productions.- Career :...
(born 1991), member of the Japanese idol group AKB48. She auditioned for AKB48 on December 3, 2006, and is now captain of Team B. Her talent agency is Watanabe Productions
- Yuki Kushida
Yuki Kushida is an English-speaking actress and teacher of Japanese origin living and working in England as a language teacher at Chatham Grammar School for Boys....
, English-speaking actress and teacher of Japanese origin
- Yuki Nakashima (born 1984), Japanese football player currently playing for Vegalta Sendai
- Yuki Maeda
is a Japanese enka singer within Hello! Project. She started her career under the renowned enka record label Teichiku in 2000 with her debut single "Naki Usagi", but did not have any charting singles in Japan until she signed with Up-Front Works and their label Zetima in 2003...
(born 1979), Japanese enka singer within Hello! Project
- Yuki Maki
Yuki Maki is a Japanese football player who currently plays for J. League division 2 side Shonan Bellmare.He plays the forward and defender position. he is 182 cm tall and weighs 75 kg...
(born 1984), Japanese football player
- Yuki Matsuoka
is a voice actress from the Hirano-ku ward of Osaka. She graduated from Otemae Women's University in Nishinomiya. She is affiliated with Production Baobab.- 2001 :*Mo~tto! Ojamajo Doremi *Cosmic Baton Girl Comet-san...
(born 1970), voice actor from the Hirano-ku ward of Osaka
- Yuki Nagasato
is a Japanese women's football striker.She currently plays for 1. FFC Turbine Potsdam of the Women's Bundesliga and is a member of the Japan women's national football team. She also played for Japan in the 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup, where they defeated the US in the final.-Career...
, Japanese female football player
- Yuki Okada (born 1983), Japanese football player currently playing for Tochigi S.C.
- Yuki Ozawa (born 1983), Japanese football player currently playing for Shonan Bellmare. He previously played in Netherlands
- Yuki Saito (disambiguation), several people
- Yuki Shimada (born 1986), Japanese footballer who plays for Mito Hollyhock in the J. League Division 2
- Yuki Takahashi
is a Japanese Grand Prix motorcycle road racer. For 2009 he made his debut in the MotoGP class, with the Scot Racing Honda team but was subsequently dropped by the team after just seven rounds of the 2009 season due to financial issues...
(born 1984), Japanese motorcycle racer
- Yuki Tanaka
Yuki Tanaka is a Japanese volleyball player who plays for Kurobe AquaFairies. She serves as the captain of the team from 2009.-Profiles:*The former name is Yuki Sugawara....
(born 1981), Japanese volleyball player who plays for Kurobe AquaFairies. She serves as the captain of the team from 2009
- Yuki Uekusa (born 1982), Japanese football player currently playing for Montedio Yamagata
- Yuki Urushibara
is a Japanese manga artist. She is best known for the series Mushishi, for which she received an Excellence Prize for manga at the 2003 Japan Media Arts Festival and the 2006 Kodansha Manga Award for general manga...
(born 1974), Japanese manga artist
Persons with the family name
- Hiroe Yuki
was a Japanese badminton player. She won numerous major international titles from the late 1960s to the late 1970s.- Persons :...
, (1948-2011) Japanese badminton player
- Kaori Yuki
is a female Japanese manga artist best known for her gothic manga such as Earl Cain, its sequel Godchild, and Angel Sanctuary. Yuki debuted in 1987 with which ran in the manga anthology Bessatsu Hana to Yume published by Hakusensha. Her work is typically serialized in one of Hakusensha's two shōjo...
, manga artist active since 1987
- Maiko Yūki
is a Japanese AV idol, actress, and stripper. One of the top AV idols in the mid-1990s, she was named the "AV Girl of the Year" in 1998. In 2004 Yūki was the star performer in the first Japanese strip show to perform in the People's Republic of China.-Early life:...
, (born 1977), Japanese AV idol, actress and stripper
- Nobuteru Yūki
is a Japanese manga artist, illustrator, and animator. He began as a doujinshi artist under the nom de plume The Man in the High Castle and Yubic , both references to the works of American science fiction author Philip K. Dick...
(born 1962), Japanese manga artist, illustrator, and animator
- Shiroi Yuki
is Mai Kuraki's twenty-fifth single, released on December 20, 2006. The song was first unveiled on the last day of Kuraki's Live Tour 2006 Diamond Wave and premiered on radio on Nippon Housou's "Azuma Takahiro no Young Peace" November 30. Shiroi Yuki is her first single in 5 years to be used as...
, Mai Kuraki's twenty-fifth single, released on December 20, 2006
Fictional characters (animation)
- Yuki (The Last Blade), the naginata wielding character of The Last Blade fighting game series
- Yuki Umeda, a character in the 2007 Yume Kira Dream Shoppe
is a Japanese manga series by Aqua Mizuto. It originally ran in Shogakukan's manga magazine Shōjo Comic and then was serialized in Viz Media's Shojo Beat magazine from April 2007 to July 2007....
- Yuki, a character in the Galactik Football
Galactik Football is a French animated television series, co-produced by Alphanim, France 2, Jetix Europe and Welkin-Animation. It started airing its 3rd 26-episode season in territories around Europe in June 2010....
French animated series
- Yuki Nomura, a character in No Bra
is a Japanese teenage boy's romance manga written and illustrated by Kenjiro Kawatsu that was serialized in Weekly Shōnen Champion from 2002 to 2004....
- Yuki, a character in the Idaten Jump
is a manga series created by Toshihiro Fujiwara serialized in Comic BonBon, about a boy who loves dirt biking. It was adapted into a 52-episode anime by Aniplex, whose original name is 韋駄天翔. A toyline was also made by Tomy...
- Yuki Cross/Kuran, a character in Vampire Knight manga and anime series
- Yuuki, a character in the To Love-Ru manga series
- Yuki, the male protagonist of NeoGeo Battle Coliseum fighting game
- Yuki Amagi, a character of the 2003–2005 Legendz series
- Yūki Kataoka, a character from Saki
is an ongoing Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Ritz Kobayashi. The story revolves around a first-year high school girl named Saki Miyanaga who is brought into the competitive world of mahjong by another first-year, Nodoka Haramura...
- Yuki Kojima, a character of the 1998–2003 Whistle! anime and manga series
- Yūki Kusakabe, a character in To Heart 2
- Yuuki Minami, one of the main characters in the Kanamemo
is a Japanese four-panel comic strip written and illustrated by . The strip has been serialized in Houbunsha's seinen manga magazine Manga Time Kirara Max since June 19, 2007...
- Yuki Mitani, a character of the 2001–2003 Hikaru no Go anime
- Yuki Nagato
is a fictional character in the Haruhi Suzumiya franchise. She is initially portrayed as an introverted, taciturn bibliophile. She is actually an artificial human created by the Data Integration Thought Entity, and possesses supernatural powers as a result...
, a character of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
- Yuki Sohma
is a fictional character from the anime and manga series Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya, and is one of the three protagonists of the story. He is depicted as a popular high school student despite severe self-doubts, and is president of the student council. He is sometimes called "Prince Yuki" by...
, a character of Fruits Basket
- Yuki Urakawa, a character of Ceres, Celestial Legend
- Yukiko Amagi, a character from Persona 4
- Yukino Miyazawa, a character of Kare Kano/His and Her Circumstances/Tales at North Hills High manga series
- Yukito Tsukishiro, a character of Cardcaptor Sakura (Cardcaptors)
- Yuuki Sakurano, a character from Sky Girls
- Dylan Yuki, a character in Mirmo!
- Eiri Yuki, a character of Gravitation
- Jaden Yuki
Jaden Yuki, known as in the original Japanese version, is a fictional character and the main protagonist in the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX anime and manga series. His name is meant to be a pun in Japanese, as "jūdai" is the word for "teenager"...
, a character of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, known as Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX in Japan
- Michio Yuki, a character of the MW
- Miyuki Takara, a character in the Lucky Star manga series
- Maelstrom, aka Yuki Yoshida a character in the anime/manga Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
Fictional characters (other media)
- Yuki (King of Fighters), List of The King of Fighters characters ⋅
- Nelly Yuki, a character from the 2002 Gossip Girl
Gossip Girl is an American young adult novel series written by Cecily von Ziegesar and published by Little, Brown and Company, a subsidiary of the Hachette Group. The series revolves around the lives and romances of the privileged teenagers at the Constance Billard School for Girls, an elite...
- Yuki, the main hero from the SNK Playmore fighting game NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
- Yuki, a character in Enchanted Arms
Enchanted Arms is a science fiction/fantasy-based role-playing game for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Although the game was intended to be an Xbox 360 launch title for the Japanese market, its release date was pushed back to , by the developer, From Software...
- Yuki Castelano, Japanese-Italian attorney in James Patterson's crime novels 4th of July and The 5th Horseman
The 5th Horseman is the fifth book in the Women's Murder Club series featuring Lindsay Boxer by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro first published on February 2006. The novel like many in the series was commercially successful and repeatedly appeared in Publishers Weekly bestseller lists, and high...
- Yuki Sonoda, a character of the 2000 Megatokyo webcomic
- Yuki, a character from the games MySims
MySims, formerly The Sims Wii and Nintendo Sims, is a video game developed by EA Redwood Shores and published by Electronic Arts as a spinoff to Maxis' The Sims franchise for the Nintendo DS and Wii in 2007, then re-released for Microsoft Windows and Mobile phone in 2008.It is the first game in the...
and MySims Kingdom
- Yuki Reid, a character from the British medical drama Casualty
Casualty, stylised as Casual+y, is a British weekly television show broadcast on BBC One, and the longest-running emergency medical drama television series in the world. Created by Jeremy Brock and Paul Unwin, it was first broadcast on 6 September 1986, and transmitted in the UK on BBC One. The...
- Yuuki, the lead character of the webcomic Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki
Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki is a webcomic by Kittyhawk. It won a Web Cartoonists' Choice Awards for "Best Superhero Comic" in 2004 and was nominated in again in 2005 and 2006. This category was eliminated in 2008...
- Yuuki, the lead character of the Japanese drama Yuuki starring Kazuya Kamenashi
, often called Kame, is a Japanese idol, singer–songwriter, actor, television personality, producer, radio host and occasional model. Born and raised in Edogawa, Tokyo, he joined the Japanese talent agency, Johnny & Associates, at the age of 12 and was drafted as a member and co-lead vocalist of...
- Yuki, one of US President Lyndon B. Johnson's dogs, a white mongrel his daughter Luci Baines Johnson
Luci Baines Johnson Turpin, formerly Nugent, is the younger daughter of U.S. President Lyndon Johnson and his wife, the former Claudia Alta Taylor . Her name was originally spelled "Lucy"; she informally changed the spelling in her teens...
found at a gas station in 1966
- Yukie (disambiguation)
is a snowball fighting-competition from Japan. Today there are annual tournaments in Sobetsu, Hokkaidō in Japan, Kemijärvi in Finland, Vardø in Norway, Mount Buller, Victoria in Australia, Luleå in Sweden, and Saskatoon, Saskatchewan in Canada....
, a Japanese word for an organised "snowball fight", from the Japanese word for snow, yuki
is a Japanese family and given name.- People :*Izumi Yukimura , Japanese singer and actress*Makoto Yukimura , Japanese manga artist*Sanada Yukimura , Japanese samurai- Characters :...
, a Japanese surname meaning "snowy village"