Ask a question about 'Worldwide Incidents Tracking System'
Start a new discussion about 'Worldwide Incidents Tracking System'
Answer questions from other users
The Worldwide Incidents Tracking System
is a publicly-accessible terrorism database operated by the National Counterterrorism Center
The National Counterterrorism Center is a United States government organization responsible for national and international counterterrorism efforts. It is based in a modern complex near McLean, Virginia called Liberty Crossing...
As of September, 2010, had over 68,939 records.
The database is organized in the following dimensions:
- Event Type
- Facilities Type
- Geocode Anchor
- Geocode Country
- Geocode Province
- Group Type
- ICN: An incident number of form YYYYMMDDXX
- Incident Group Type
- Incident Subject
- Incident Summary
- Incident Year
- Included Facility Defining Characteristics
- Included Facility Nationalities
- Included Facility Targeted Characteristics
- Included Group Nationalities
- Perpetrator Confidence
- Provinces States
- Related Term
- Victim Incident Country
- WITS Child Record ParentID