Ask a question about 'Wheeling Central Catholic High School'
Start a new discussion about 'Wheeling Central Catholic High School'
Answer questions from other users
Wheeling Central Catholic High School
is a parochial
A parochial school is a school that provides religious education in addition to conventional education. In a narrower sense, a parochial school is a Christian grammar school or high school which is part of, and run by, a parish.-United Kingdom:...
, Roman Catholic high school
High school is a term used in parts of the English speaking world to describe institutions which provide all or part of secondary education. The term is often incorporated into the name of such institutions....
in Wheeling, West Virginia
Wheeling is a city in Ohio and Marshall counties in the U.S. state of West Virginia; it is the county seat of Ohio County. Wheeling is the principal city of the Wheeling Metropolitan Statistical Area...
. It is part of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston is an ecclesiastical territory or diocese of the Roman Catholic Church in the southern United States comprising the state of West Virginia. It is a conjoined diocese with two centers of worship, one day expected to be split into two separate...
- English - 4 credits
- Social Science - 4 credits
- Mathematics - 4 credits
- Physical Education - 1 credit
- Health - 1 credit
- Science - 4 credits (1 biology credit, 3 additional science credits.)
- Religious Education - 4 credits (Or 1 credit for each year at CCHS.)
- Electives - 2 credits
Wheeling Central's athletic teams are called the "Maroon Knights." They include:
- Boys: football, basketball, wrestling, soccer, and baseball.
- Girls: volleyball, soccer, basketball, and softball.
- All: tennis, track and field, cross-country, swimming, and golf.
- Club Sports: ice hockey
Ice hockey is a fairly new high school sport in the state of West Virginia. Six high schools field teams, all of which are located in the northern portion of the state, and all compete in the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Hockey League....
- John Corbett, actor
- Joe DeNardo
Joseph William DeNardo is a Pittsburgh meteorologist. He is known for his 1994 Campaign "Joe Said It Would" the first "Said It Would" slogan in the nation...
, famous Pittsburgh Meteorologist
- Remington Markos, Socialite
- Rob Bonenberger, Has-been Runner
- Wheeling, West Virginia - Education
- Ohio County, West Virginia - Education