Ask a question about 'Westmoreland County Transit Authority'
Start a new discussion about 'Westmoreland County Transit Authority'
Answer questions from other users
The Westmoreland County Transit Authority (WCTA)
is the operator of mass transportation in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania
-Demographics:As of the census of 2000, there were 369,993 people, 149,813 households, and 104,569 families residing in the county. The population density was 361 people per square mile . There were 161,058 housing units at an average density of 157 per square mile...
. Using 35 buses, a total of 18 routes are operated, the majority of which serve the urbanized corridor that makes up the western portion of the county. Bus routes in this area are designed to provide access for suburban commuters to Downtown Pittsburgh, as well as transportation for both workers and shoppers to the large suburbs of Greensburg and New Kensington, the most prominent entities in the county's boundaries. Rural eastern bus routes allow for commutes to Greensburg and also provide service to the city of Johnstown in neighboring Cambria County
Cambria County is a county located in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. It comprises the Johnstown, Pennsylvania, Metropolitan Statistical Area. As of 2010, the population was 143,679....
Suburban Pittsburgh Routes
- 1F Greensburg-Pittsburgh Flyer: Greensburg, Hempfield, Irwin, North Huntington to Downtown Pittsburgh (weekday rush hour)
- 2F Latrobe-Pittsburgh Flyer: Latrobe, Greensburg, Delmont, Export, Murrysville to Downtown Pittsburgh (weekday rush hour)
- 3F Mount Pleasant-Pittsburgh Flyer: Mount Pleasant, Youngwood, Irwin, North Huntington, Downtown Pittsburgh (weekday rush hour)
- 4/4S Greensburg-Pittsburgh: Greensburg, Hempfield, Irwin, North Huntington to Wilkinsburg, Squirrel Hill, Oakland, Downtown Pittsburgh (Mon-Sat)
- 5/5S Greensburg-Jeannette: Greensburg, Hempfield, Jeannette (Mon-Sat)
- 6 Greensburg-Irwin: Greensburg, Jeanette, Manor, Westmoreland City, Irwin, North Huntington (weekdays)
- 8 Greensburg-Youngwood-New Stanton: Greensburg, South Greensburg, Youngwood, WCCC Campus, New Stanton, Westmoreland Technology Park, Mount Pleasant (weekdays)
- 9/9S Greensburg-Latrobe: Greensburg, Hempfield, St. Vincent College Campus, Latrobe (Mon-Sat)
- 12 Greensburg-New Kensington: Greensburg, Hempfield, Salem, Delmont, Murrysville, Lower Burrell, New Kensington (weekdays)
- 14/14S New Kensington Local: New Kensington, Arnold, Lower Burrell (Mon-Sat)
- 14J New Kensington-Penn State-Pittsburgh Mills: New Kensington, Penn State Allegheny Campus, Pittsburgh Mills Mall (weekdays)
- 14F New Kensington-Pittsburgh Flyer: Vandergrift, Lower Burrell, New Kensington to Downtown Pittsburgh (weekday rush hour)
- 15 Avonmore-New Kensington: Avonmore, Vandergrift, East Vandergrift, Lower Burrell, New Kensington (weekdays)
- 16/16S Greensburg-Mount Pleasant: Greensburg, Pitt-Greensburg Campus, Mount Pleasant (Mon-Sat)
- 18F Irwin-Greensburg Flyer: Irwin, Westmoreland City, Manor, Jeanette, Greensburg (weekday rush hour)
- 9A/9AS Latrobe-Derry: Latrobe, Derry (Mon-Sat)
- 11 Johnstown-Latrobe: Latrobe, Ligonier, New Florence, Seward, Johnstown (weekdays)
- 17 Scottdale Local: Scottdale, Mount Pleasant (weekdays)
- 20F East Flyer: New Florence, Ligonier, Derry, Latrobe, Hempfield, Greensburg (weekday rush hour)
Park & Ride Lots
- Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
Arnold Palmer Regional Airport is a public use airport located two nautical miles southwest of the central business district of Latrobe, and approximately 29 nautical miles southeast of Pittsburgh, in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, United States. It is owned by the Westmoreland County...
(Unity Township) - 100 spaces (Route 2F)
- Hempfield Pointe (Hempfield Township
Hempfield Township is a township in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 43,241 at the 2010 census, making it the largest suburb in the Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area by population.- Geography :...
) - 50 spaces (Routes 1F & 4)
- Norwin Towne Square (North Huntingdon Township
North Huntingdon Township is a township in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, USA. The population was 30,609 at the 2010 census.-History:Named after England’s Earl of Huntingdon, Huntingdon Township was founded on April 6, 1772 in Pennsylvania....
) - 250 spaces (Routes 1F, 3F, & 4)
- Allegheny Plaza (Vandergrift
Mosher shows how Vandergrift was representative of the new industrial suburbs of Pittsburgh. Caught up in a dramatic round of industrial restructuring and labor tension, Pittsburgh steelmaker George McMurtry hired Frederick Law Olmsted's landscape architectural firm in 1895 to design Vandergrift...
) - (Routes 14F, 12)
- Hillcrest Plaza (Lower Burrell
Lower Burrell is a city in Westmoreland County in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. Located approximately 18 miles northeast of Downtown Pittsburgh, Lower Burrell is part of the Pittsburgh Metro Area...
) - (Routes 14F, 12)
- 13: MCI D4000*
- 3: International AreoElite
- 16: Champion Defender Freightliner
- 9: MCI
- 2: Azure Hybrid