Ask a question about 'University of Santo Tomas College of Fine Arts and Design'
Start a new discussion about 'University of Santo Tomas College of Fine Arts and Design'
Answer questions from other users
The University of Santo Tomas College of Fine Arts and Design
, popularly known as "UST – CFAD"
, is the fine arts school of the University of Santo Tomas
The Pontifical and Royal University of Santo Tomas, The Catholic University of the Philippines , is a private Roman Catholic university run by the Order of Preachers in Manila. Founded on April 28, 1611 by archbishop of Manila Miguel de Benavides, it has the oldest extant university charter in the...
, the oldest and the largest Catholic university in Manila
Manila is the capital of the Philippines. It is one of the sixteen cities forming Metro Manila.Manila is located on the eastern shores of Manila Bay and is bordered by Navotas and Caloocan to the north, Quezon City to the northeast, San Juan and Mandaluyong to the east, Makati on the southeast,...
The Interior Design program is one of the Top Performing Interior Design programs offered by a school, in the Philippine Interior Design Licensure Examinations.
The College is descended from the original College of Architecture and Fine Arts (CAFA)
founded in 1946, which in turn is descended from the original College of Architecture
The University of Santo Tomas College of Architecture is the architectural school of the University of Santo Tomas, the oldest and the largest Catholic university in Manila, Philippines....
founded in 1930. The college is housed in the Beato Angelico Building
, the newest building in the Manila campus housing 2 colleges. The College has produced numerous National Artists like Victorio Edades, J. Elizalde Navarro, and Ang Kiukok for Visual Arts
The visual arts are art forms that create works which are primarily visual in nature, such as ceramics, drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking, design, crafts, and often modern visual arts and architecture...
. Ildefonso Santos Jr, Juan Nakpil
Juan F. Nakpil was a Filipino architect, teacher and a community leader. In 1973, he was named one of the National Artists for architecture, and tapped as the Dean of Filipino Architects....
and Leandro Locsin for Architecture
Architecture is both the process and product of planning, designing and construction. Architectural works, in the material form of buildings, are often perceived as cultural and political symbols and as works of art...
About the Department
The UST College of Fine Arts and Design upholds the University Vision of an institution that:
- is committed to a truly educative and evangelizing Christian Community;
- provides a holistic education program in Arts and Technology upholding human and global values:
- promotes a sense of competitiveness in pursuit of academic excellence;
- leads towards preservation of positive cultural values and ecologically sustainable environment;
- fosters teamwork and active participation in varied issues that affect national and global linkages within the context of the Catholic faith.
- to develop the Thomasian Professionals endowed with knowledge and skills, creativity and resourcefulness in their chosen disciplines;
- to develop a Thomasian who is sensitive to the Filipino cultural heritage and the environmental needs through teaching, research and development and community service in arts, science and technology;
- to establish institutional and inter-cultural linkages through networking and advances in information technology;
- to lead in the appreciation and preservation of cultural heritage and the improvement of the environment;
- to foster teamwork and active participation in national and global linkages.
Asst. Prof. Cynthia B. Loza, PhD – Dean
Rev. Fr. Edgardo D. Alaurin, O.P. – Regent
Asst. Prof. Jean I. Reintegrado – Secretary
- Bachelor in Fine Arts major in Advertising Arts – The program is an overview and application of advertising principles introducing concepts of advertising, research, artistic, creative, and psychological aspects to advertising and sales promotional activities. It introduces the basic and advance principles of design and drawing, with emphasis on the communicative aspects of the arts. The concentration is the creative utilization of the various media available in the pursuit of truth and responsible advertising.
- Bachelor in Fine Arts major in Industrial Design – This is a technical program that includes the whole spectrum of subjects information for creative design work and business strategies. The program indicates on the students that the fusion of art and technology are essential components in bringing creative ideas into reality.
- Bachelor of Science in Interior Design – is designed to develop foundational skills to prepare the student for the job. The program focuses on studio and academic research in history, theory and methods as they relate to interdisciplinary approach to interior design.
- Bachelor in Fine Arts major in Painting – The program both encourages and challenges students to comprehend past and present examples of painting and to incorporate that understanding into actual practice. Learners will display a detailed comprehension through composition, expression, and the use of a visual vocabulary, by learning anatomy, life drawing, life sketching, modeling, photography, freehand drawing, and creative design and the part they play in expressing sensibility and exuberance.