Transaction Processing Performance Council (TPC)
is a non-profit organization founded in 1988 to define transaction processing
In computer science, transaction processing is information processing that is divided into individual, indivisible operations, called transactions. Each transaction must succeed or fail as a complete unit; it cannot remain in an intermediate state...
A database is an organized collection of data for one or more purposes, usually in digital form. The data are typically organized to model relevant aspects of reality , in a way that supports processes requiring this information...
benchmarks and to disseminate objective, verifiable TPC performance data to the industry. TPC benchmarks are widely used today in evaluating the performance of computer systems; the results are published on the TPC web site.
- TPC-C - An on-line transaction processing benchmark.
- TPC-E - An on-line transaction processing benchmark that simulates the OLTP workload of a brokerage firm.
- TPC-H - An ad-hoc, decision support benchmark.
Specifications consistent for all TPC Standards
Standards under development
Companies interested in participating in the development of these standards are invited to join the TPC
- TPC-A - Measures performance in update-intensive database environments typical in on-line transaction processing applications. (Obsolete as of 6/6/95)
- TPC-App - An application server and web services benchmark.
- TPC-B - Measures throughput in terms of how many transactions per second a system can perform. (Obsolete as of 6/6/95)
- TPC-D - Represents a broad range of decision support applications that require complex, long running queries against large complex data structures. (Obsolete as of 4/6/99)
- TPC-R - A business reporting, decision support benchmark. (Obsolete as of 1/1/2005)
TPC-W was a web server and database performance benchmark, proposed by Transaction Processing Performance Council.This benchmark defined the complete Web-based shop for searching, browsing and ordering books. The system under testing needed to provide the implementation of this shop...
- A transactional web e-Commerce benchmark. (Obsolete as of 4/28/05)
TPC Technology Conference on Performance Evaluation & Benchmarking (TPCTC)
With this conference series, the TPC encourages researchers and industry experts to present novel ideas and methodologies in performance evaluation, measurement, and characterization for consideration in future benchmark developments.
TPCTC 2011 will be collocated with the 37th International Conference on Very Large Databases * VLDB 2011
, on August 29, 2011 in Seattle, WA.
TPCTC 2010 was collocated with the 36th International Conference on Very Large Databases * VLDB 2010
, on September 17, 2010 in Singapore.
TPCTC 2009 was collocated with the 35th International Conference on Very Large Databases VLDB 2009
, on August 24, 2009 in Lyon, France.
- Business Transaction Management
Business transaction management , also known as business transaction monitoring, application transaction profiling or user defined transaction profiling, is the practice of managing information technology from a business transaction perspective...
- Telecommunication Application Transaction Processing Benchmark (TATP)
The Telecommunication Application Transaction Processing Benchmark is a benchmark designed to measure performance of in-memory database transaction systems....