TESST College of Technology
is a private technical college located in metropolitan Baltimore, Maryland. It is part of Kaplan Higher Education Corporation (KHE), a division of Kaplan, Inc.
Kaplan, Inc. is a for-profit corporation headquartered in New York City and was founded in 1938 by Stanley Kaplan. Kaplan provides higher education programs, professional training courses, test preparation materials and other services for various levels of education...
TESST College of Technology began offering instruction in electronics in 1957 as TESST Technology Institute. The campus was located in Hyattsville, Maryland
Hyattsville is a city in Prince George's County, Maryland, United States. The population was 17,557 at the 2000 census.- History :The city was named for its founder, Christopher Clark Hyatt. He purchased his first parcel of land in the area in March 1845...
. In December 1992, TESST expanded its reach in the Baltimore market by acquiring the Arundel Institute of Technology. In the summer of 1998, the Hyattsville and Baltimore campuses relocated to new buildings in Beltsville
Beltsville is a census-designated place in northern Prince George's County, Maryland, United States. The population was 15,691 at the 2000 census. Beltsville includes the unincorporated community of Vansville.-Geography:...
and Towson, Maryland
Towson is an unincorporated community and a census-designated place in Baltimore County, Maryland, United States. The population was 55,197 at the 2010 census...
In 1999, TESST acquired RETS Technical Training Center, which had been offering classes in Maryland since 1956. In June 2001, TESST Technology Institute received approval to offer associate of applied science degrees in network information systems and electronics, computer, and telecommunications technology. All campuses then became known as TESST College of Technology.
In May 2002, the College was acquired by Quest Education Corporation, a subsidiary of Kaplan, Inc. In December 2002, Quest changed its name to Kaplan Higher Education Corporation. In March 2004, the campus expanded by adding a 6800 square feet (631.7 m²) facility located at 3922 Vero Road, less than a mile from the campus.
There are 3 campuses: Baltimore Campus (1,109 students), Beltsville Campus (639 students) and Towson Campus (532 students).
TESST College of Technology offers programs in the following fields:
- Allied Health Medical Assistant (Certificate); Medical Billing and Coding Specialist (Certificate); Pharmacy Technician (Certificate)
- Design: Graphic Engineering Drafting With CADD (Certificate)
- Information Technology: Computerized Business Management (Certificate); Electronics, Computer, and Telecommunications Technology (Associate of Applied Science); Network Information Systems (Associate of Applied Science); Network Information Technology (Certificate); Customer Support Technician (Certificate); Computer Networking Technology (Associate of Applied Science)
- Trades: Electrician (Certificate); Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (Certificate); Refrigeration, Heating, and Air Conditioning (Certificate)
- Criminal Justice (Associate of Applied Science)
- Legal: Paralegal Studies (Associate of Applied Science)