Ask a question about 'Scott A. Johnson'
Start a new discussion about 'Scott A. Johnson'
Answer questions from other users
Scott A. Johnson
is an American author in the genre of horror
Horror fiction also Horror fantasy is a philosophy of literature, which is intended to, or has the capacity to frighten its readers, inducing feelings of horror and terror. It creates an eerie atmosphere. Horror can be either supernatural or non-supernatural...
His first novel, An American Haunting
, was released in 2004 by Harbor House Books. He currently serves as the Literary and Paranormal Studies Editor for Dread Central, where he pens "Cold Spots", an article series about real haunted places, twice a month, and writes reviews of books and movies. He is also the writer and producer of Dreadtime Stories, an old-style radio podcast.
Johnson also teaches creative writing at Seton Hill University
Seton Hill University is a small Catholic liberal arts university of about 2100 students in Greensburg, Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh. Formerly a women's college, it became a coeducational university in 2002....
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is a U.S. state that is located in the Northeastern and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States. The state borders Delaware and Maryland to the south, West Virginia to the southwest, Ohio to the west, New York and Ontario, Canada, to the north, and New Jersey to...
, in a low-residency
A low-residency program is a form of education, normally at the university level, which involves some amount of distance education and brief one to two week on-campus residencies...
A master's is an academic degree granted to individuals who have undergone study demonstrating a mastery or high-order overview of a specific field of study or area of professional practice...
program in Writing Popular Fiction
In addition, he is also a paranormal
Paranormal is a general term that designates experiences that lie outside "the range of normal experience or scientific explanation" or that indicates phenomena understood to be outside of science's current ability to explain or measure...
investigator and teaches Kajukenbo
Kajukenbo is a hybrid martial art that combines Western Boxing, Judo, Jujutsu, Kenpo Karate, Eskrima, Tang Soo Do, and Kung Fu. It was founded in 1947 in Oahu, Hawaii, at the Palama Settlement. The original purpose of the art was to deal with local crime and to help the people defend themselves...
, in which he holds a fourth-dan black belt.
He currently resides in Kyle, Texas
Kyle is a town in Hays County, Texas, United States. The population was 5,314 at the 2000 census; it was 26,103 in the 2008 census estimate, making Kyle one of the fastest growing cities in Texas.-Geography:...
- Ectostorm: Book Three of the Stanley Cooper Chronicles - Novel, Forthcoming, Library of the Living Dead/Library of Horror
- Pages: Book Two of the Stanley Cooper Chronicles - Novel, May 2010, Library of the Living Dead/Library of Horror
- Vermin: Book One of the Stanley Cooper Chronicles - Novel, August 2010, Library of The Living Dead
- Deadlands: The Ultimate Edition - Novel, August 2009, Library of the Living Dead
- City of Demons - Novel, July, 2009, Library of Horror
- Cold Spots: Haunted Austin, TX - Collection, October, 2009, Schiffer Press (true ghost stories)
- Cold Spots: The Ghosts of San Antonio - Collection, December, 2008, Schiffer Press (true ghost stories)
- Cane River: A Ghost Story - Novel, September 2008, Harbor House Books
- The Mayor's Guide: Stately Ghosts of Augusta - Collection, September, 2005, Harbor House Books (true ghost stories)
- Deadlands - Novel, September 2005, Harbor House Books
- An American Haunting - Novel, September 2004, Harbor House Books
- "Cold Spots" - More than one hundred articles written for Dread Central.
- "Sideshow of Superstition" - Wicked Karnival Magazine
- The Telltale Heart - February 2011
- I Want My Mummy - January 2011
- Twas the Night Before Krampus - December 2010
- For What You Have - November 2010
- Howl-O-Ween - October 2010
- April Fool - April 1, 2010
- The Carnival - Feb 2, 2010
- Under the Bed - Jan 29, 2010
- The Caller - Jan 10, 2010
- Twas the Night Before Christmas - Dec 18, 2009
- The Sins of the Father - Dec 4, 2009
- The Dinner Party - Nov 13, 2009
- Forget the Treats - Oct 30, 2009
- "The Dinner Party" - Unnamed Chapbook, Library of Horror Press, 2009
- "Epiphony" - Library of the Living Dead Press, 2009 (Deadlands Reissue)
- "Of Moss and Bullfrogs" - Library of the Living Dead Press, 2009 (Deadlands Reissue)
- "Coffin Liquor" - FearZone website, January 2009 (video)
- "One Night in New Orleans" - Horror Authors United Magazine, January 2008
- "Rats" - Forthcoming, Dreadtime Stories (Podcast), 2008
- "Harimoto" - "History is Dead," 2007
- "Of Moss and Bullfrogs" - Dreadtime Stories (Podcast), 2007
- "Second House from the End of the Block" - Forthcoming in Haunted Encounters: Living in a Haunted House from Atriad Press, 2005
- The Girl Next Door - All Hallows (Canada), March 2007
- "A Little House in the Woods" - July 2004, The Corpse Magazine
- "Jock Itch" - October 2003, Alien Skin Magazine
- "The Drowning Pool" - July 2003, Alien Skin Magazine
- "Chained to the Pel" - 2002 issue, Persona Literary Journal
- "Mimes" - 2002 issue, The Rectangle literary journal