Ask a question about 'Running For The Drum'
Start a new discussion about 'Running For The Drum'
Answer questions from other users
Running For The Drum
is the fifteenth studio album
An album is a collection of recordings, released as a single package on gramophone record, cassette, compact disc, or via digital distribution. The word derives from the Latin word for list .Vinyl LP records have two sides, each comprising one half of the album...
by Buffy Sainte-Marie
Buffy Sainte-Marie, OC is a Canadian Cree singer-songwriter, musician, composer, visual artist, educator, pacifist, and social activist. Throughout her career in all of these areas, her work has focused on issues of Indigenous peoples of the Americas. Her singing and writing repertoire includes...
, released in 2008. One of Sainte-Marie's more successful albums, it went to number one in the Canadian charts and spawned one single with No No Keshagesh
. Sainte Marie also rewrote two verses of America The Beautiful
All tracks written by Buffy Sainte-Marie unless otherwise noted
- "No No Keshagesh" - 4:44
- "Cho Cho Fire" - 3:05
- "Working For The Government" - 3:33
- "Little Wheel Spin and Spin" - 3:05
- "Too Much Is Never Enough" - 3:58
- "To The Ends of the World" - 3:45
- "When I Had You" - 4:12
- "I Bet My Heart On You" - 3:26
- "Blue Sunday" - 2:55
- "Easy Like The Snow Falls Down" - 3:52
- "America the Beautiful" - 3:01 (Katharine Lee Bates
Katharine Lee Bates was an American songwriter. She is remembered as the author of the words to the anthem "America the Beautiful". She popularized "Mrs. Santa Claus" through her poem Goody Santa Claus on a Sleigh Ride .-Life and career:Bates was born in Falmouth, Massachusetts, the daughter of a...
, Samuel A. Ward
Samuel Augustus Ward was an American organist and composer. Born in Newark, New Jersey, Ward studied music in New York and became an organist at Grace Episcopal Church in Newark in 1880. He is remembered for his hymn "Materna" which was used for the anthem "America the Beautiful", with words by...
- "Still This Love Goes On" - 3:55
- Buffy Sainte-Marie - vocals, guitars, keyboards, piano, percussion and drum samples
- Taj Mahal
Henry Saint Clair Fredericks , who uses the stage name Taj Mahal, is an American Grammy Award winning blues musician. He incorporates elements of world music into his music...
- acoustic piano on "I Bet My Heart On You"
- Black Lodge Singers
The Black Lodge Singers of White Swan, Washington are a Native American northern drum group led by Kenny Scabby Robe, of the Blackfeet Nation. The Black Lodge Singers are largely drawn from his twelve sons...
- pow wow sample on "Cho Cho Fire"
- Whitefish Jrs. - pow wow sample on "Working For The Government"
- Chris Birkett - guitars, bass, drums, programming, percussion, keyboards, tibetan bowl and string arrangements
- Monte Horton - electric guitar
- Kirk Smart - lap steel guitar
- Pat Cockett - slack key guitar
- Nico Mirande - bass
- Neil Chapman - bass
- Cyril Diet - drums
- Adrian Fiorelli - drums
- Kevan McKenzie - drums
- Jim Birkett - drum programming, sound effects
- Roger Jacobs - drum loop and programming
- Producer: Chris Birkett and Buffy Sainte-Marie
- Engineer: Chris Birkett and Steve Payne
- Mixing: Buffy Sainte-Marie and Chris Birkett
- Mastering: Seth Foster
- Design: Buffy Sainte-Marie and Patrick Duffy for Attention
- Photography: Trevor Brady, Denise Grant, Brian Geltner, Emerson & Lowe, D. Boy, Norman Seefe, NASA, ESA and A. Nota