Ask a question about 'Robot Magazine'
Start a new discussion about 'Robot Magazine'
Answer questions from other users
is an American bi-monthly robotics
Robotics is the branch of technology that deals with the design, construction, operation, structural disposition, manufacture and application of robots...
publication produced by the Maplegate Media Group. The first issue appeared in November 2003. Topics covered commonly include: how hobbyists can build and program robots from kits or from scratch, results of robot competitions and conventions, and how educators in colleges and high schools are incorporating the building and programming of robots into their teaching of science, engineering, and math.
Columns and departments
has a number of recurring columns that deal with various areas of robotics:
- UPDATE, an introduction by editor Tom Atwood.
- NAME THAT BOT!, a contest which challenges the reader to identify a prominent real-world or fictional robot.
- ROBOT FEED, the letters section.
- LERN, Leading Edge Robotics News.
- Combat Zone, a column that deals specifically with combat robotics
Robot combat is a hobby/sport in which two or more custom-built machines use varied methods of destroying or disabling the other. As of today, in most cases these machines are remote-controlled vehicles rather than autonomous robots, although there are exceptions, particularly in the field of...
- SNAPSHOT, a notable robot photograph.
- BOT SHOP REPORT, a home workshop report.
- PLUG & PLAY, product news.
- FUTURE BYTES, new developments in the lab.