Ask a question about 'People's Party Work for Betterment'
Start a new discussion about 'People's Party Work for Betterment'
Answer questions from other users
People's Party Work for Betterment
Bosnian is a South Slavic language, spoken by Bosniaks. As a standardized form of the Shtokavian dialect, it is one of the three official languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina....
Croatian is the collective name for the standard language and dialects spoken by Croats, principally in Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Serbian province of Vojvodina and other neighbouring countries...
: Narodna Stranka Radom za Boljitak)
is a multi-ethnic party in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bosnia and Herzegovina , sometimes called Bosnia-Herzegovina or simply Bosnia, is a country in Southern Europe, on the Balkan Peninsula. Bordered by Croatia to the north, west and south, Serbia to the east, and Montenegro to the southeast, Bosnia and Herzegovina is almost landlocked, except for the...
, which enjoys support from all ethnic groups, but most of its members and voters are Croats
Croats are a South Slavic ethnic group mostly living in Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and nearby countries. There are around 4 million Croats living inside Croatia and up to 4.5 million throughout the rest of the world. Responding to political, social and economic pressure, many Croats have...
. It was founded and run by Mladen Ivanković-Lijanović
Mladen Ivanković Lijanović is a Bosnian-Herzegovinian politician and businessman...
, from Široki Brijeg
-Name:The name of the city means "the wide hill" in Croatian . The city is also sometime referred to as "Široki Brig" and among the inhabitants of Herzegovina simply as "Široki" . Between 1945 and 1990, the name was officially Lištica, after the river that flows through it.-Geography:The river...
. According to Article 2 of the party's statute it promotes the following principles;
- To protect and preserve sovereignty and territorial integrity of Bosnia and Herzegovina within its internationally accepted borders;
- To shape a modern democratic and social state with multi-party Parliament and with division of authority on legislative, executive and judicial branch;
- To protect and achieve freedom and rights of every human being regardless to his/hers national, religious, political, racial, proprietary, or any other kind of differences;
- To achieve free market economy and private entrepreneurship, and social politics according to the Western European principles and standards;
- To develop economy as a base for faster renewal and growth of our country in all of its segments;
- To create new work-places or to decrease the number of unemployed persons;
- Return of refugees and displaced persons in their pre-war homes as fast as possible;
- To stop negative trend of young and expert people emigrating from our country;
- To create conditions for healthy life through nature preservation and human environment protection.
2006 election results
In the legislative election held on 1 October 2006 the party won;
- 1 out of 42 seats in the House of Representatives of Bosnia and Herzegovina
The House of Representatives of Bosnia and Herzegovina , is one of the two chambers of the Parliamentary Assembly of Bosnia and Herzegovina, with the other being the House of Peoples of Bosnia and HerzegovinaThe house of representatives of BiH consists of 42 members which are elected by...
- 3 out of 98 seats in the House of Representatives of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
The House of Representatives of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina is the legislative body of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, one of two entities of Bosnia and Herzegovina....
- 2 out of 35 seats in the assembly of the Tuzla Canton
The Tuzla Canton is a canton of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, an entity in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The cantonal seat is in Tuzla.-Municipalities:...
- 2 out of 21 seats in the assembly of the Posavina Canton
The Posavina Canton is a canton of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is the smallest canton, with an area of only 325 km² populated by 43,588 people , 83% of them are Croats. Its capital city is Orašje The Posavina Canton is a canton of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is...
- 2 out of the 23 seats in the assembly of West Herzegovina Canton
The West Herzegovina Canton or West Herzegovina County is one of the 10 cantons of Bosnia and Herzegovina.-Geography and population:It is located in the south of the country. It has a total area of 1,362 km2 and 81,523 inhabitants...
- 1 out of 35 seats in the assembly of the Zenica-Doboj Canton
The Zenica-Doboj Canton is one of the cantons of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina.-Geography:This canton is situated in the central part of Bosnia and Herzegovina. The cantonal capital is Zenica and the other town mentioned in the name is Doboj, which is in Republika Srpska, but part of the...
- 1 out of 25 seats in the assembly of the Bosnian Podrinje Canton
The Bosnian Podrinje Canton is one of the 10 cantons of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, an entity in Bosnia and Herzegovina.-Geography:It is located in the eastern central part of the country, in the region of Podrinje...
- 1 out of 30 seats in the assembly of the Central Bosnia Canton
The Central Bosnia Canton is one of the ten cantons of The Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina.-Geography:It is located in the center of the country, to the west of Sarajevo...
- 1 out of 10 seats in the assembly of Canton 10
Canton 10 or County 10 is the tenth canton of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, located in the western part of Bosnia and Herzegovina. The capital of County and its president is in Kupres...