Ask a question about 'Leitner Group'
Start a new discussion about 'Leitner Group'
Answer questions from other users
is an Italian
Italy , officially the Italian Republic languages]] under the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages. In each of these, Italy's official name is as follows:;;;;;;;;), is a unitary parliamentary republic in South-Central Europe. To the north it borders France, Switzerland, Austria and...
conglomerate, based in the province of South Tyrol
South Tyrol , also known by its Italian name Alto Adige, is an autonomous province in northern Italy. It is one of the two autonomous provinces that make up the autonomous region of Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol. The province has an area of and a total population of more than 500,000 inhabitants...
, that owns and runs several industrial and equipment companies.
Founded in 1888, Leitner formed Leitner Group in a reorganization in 2003. As of 2005, the group employs 1500 people.
The businesses owned and managed by the group are:
- Leitner Ropeways. This company makes suspended cable cars, incline lifts, chairways, ropeways, and ski lifts. Its equipment runs Sjusjøen, Beitostølen in Norway; Romme Alpin in Sweden; and certain lifts in Méribel, Courchevel, and St. Martin de Belleville in France; and Verbier, Switzerland. The company's cable car system links Tung Chung
Tung Chung, meaning 'eastern stream', is an area situated on the north-western coast of Lantau Island in Hong Kong. Tung Chung, currently one of the latest generation of new towns, was formerly a rural village around Tung Chung Wan, and along the delta and lower courses of Tung Chung River and Ma...
in Hong Kong’s with Ngong Ping
Ngong Ping is a highland in the western part of Lantau Island, Hong Kong. It hosts Po Lin Monastery and Tian Tan Buddha amidst the hills which is about 34 m tall. There are many hills nearby which are also an attraction to tourists. It is now the terminus of the cable car ride Ngong Ping Cable...
, the Ngong Ping 360
The Ngong Ping 360 is a tourism project on Lantau Island in Hong Kong. The project was previously known as Tung Chung Cable Car Project before acquiring the Ngong Ping 360 brand in April 2005...
- Prinoth manufacturers snow groomers for use at ski and recreational areas, and all-terrain vehicles after taking over the Utility Vehicles Division of Bombardier
Bombardier Recreational Products or BRP is a Canadian company that traces its roots back to the year 1942 when Joseph-Armand Bombardier founded L'Auto-Neige Bombardier Limitée in Valcourt in the Eastern Townships, Quebec.In 2003, Bombardier Inc...
Camoplast is a private Canadian company specialising in components and assemblies for Original Equipment Manufacturers , particularly polymer components and rubber components including tracks for all-terrain, snow and industrial vehicles. The company was founded in 1982, and is based in...
- MiniMetro designs and builds light-rail urban transit systems. The company installed one of its systems to provide light rail service to the city of Perugia
Perugia is the capital city of the region of Umbria in central Italy, near the River Tiber, and the capital of the province of Perugia. The city is located about north of Rome. It covers a high hilltop and part of the valleys around the area....
- Snowstar manufactures snow-making systems.
- Leitwind creates wind power systems.