Ask a question about 'Khabat'
Start a new discussion about 'Khabat'
Answer questions from other users
The Revolutionary Khabat Organization of the Iranian Kurdistan
, usually called Khabat
Kurdish is a dialect continuum spoken by the Kurds in western Asia. It is part of the Iranian branch of the Indo-Iranian group of Indo-European languages....
for "struggle") is a Kurdish nationalist
Kurdish nationalism is the political movement that holds that the Kurdish people are a nation deserving of a sovereign homeland, Kurdistan out of the territories where Kurdish people form a majority...
opposition group in Iran
Iran , officially the Islamic Republic of Iran , is a country in Southern and Western Asia. The name "Iran" has been in use natively since the Sassanian era and came into use internationally in 1935, before which the country was known to the Western world as Persia...
which seeks autonomy for Iranian Kurdistan
Iranian Kurdistan is an unofficial name for the parts of Iran inhabited by Kurds and has borders with Iraq and Turkey. It includes Kurdistan Province, Kermanshah Province, Ilam Province and parts of West Azerbaijan province....
After the Iranian Revolution
The Iranian Revolution refers to events involving the overthrow of Iran's monarchy under Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi and its replacement with an Islamic republic under Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the leader of the...
, many political organizations with different beliefs appeared in Iran and Iranian Kurdistan. In those conditions, a group of Kurdish religious men formed a political organization on the bases of Islamic and Kurdish nationalistic ideas.
On August 27, 1980, it was decided to establish the Organization of the Nationalistic and Islamic Khabat of the Iranian Kurdistan.
Organization Khabats’ goal for Iranian Kurdistan is Self-determination
Self-determination is the principle in international law that nations have the right to freely choose their sovereignty and international political status with no external compulsion or external interference...
and a secular democratic system in Iran.
Organization Khabat is active for:
- Emancipation of women in society without any discrimination
- Freedom for every religion and ideologies
- Freedom of speech and mass media
- Kurdish language should be allowed at school, university and in public and administration as a first language
- Integration of all Kurdish Territory in Iranian Kurdistan
- Governors should be elected by Kurdish people and represent interest of Kurdish Nation
- The right of the peoples of Kurdistan to self-government
- Religion should not be implemented for discrimination of people
- Democratic education system
- Modern infrastructure
- Free financial system
- Protection of poor people financially and socially
- Motivate sociality for modernization of cultural attitude