is a Malayalam film actor
An actor is a person who acts in a dramatic production and who works in film, television, theatre, or radio in that capacity...
and costume designer
A costume designer or costume mistress/master is a person whose responsibility is to design costumes for a film or stage production. He or she is considered an important part of the "production team", working alongside the director, scenic and lighting designers as well as the sound designer. The...
. He acts mainly in comedy roles. He has acted in over 200 films.
Indrans, a Tailor
A tailor is a person who makes, repairs, or alters clothing professionally, especially suits and men's clothing.Although the term dates to the thirteenth century, tailor took on its modern sense in the late eighteenth century, and now refers to makers of men's and women's suits, coats, trousers,...
by profession, debuted in the film Choothattam
as a costume designer. It was producer Charlie who offered him a chance to assist in costume designing. Although he had the opportunity to meet many filmmakers, including evergreen hero Prem Nazir
Abdul Khader , better known by his stage name Prem Nazir , was an Indian film actor. He is considered one of the all time super stars in Malayalam cinema...
, Sattar, Pappu, Jose Prakash and Jayabharathi, he concentrated only on designing costumes for several years in the industry. However, he did very small roles on screen.
Soon, Indrans started getting fresh assignments from well-known directors like Padmarajan
P. Padmarajan was an Indian author, screenwriter, and film director who contributed in Malayalam language. Padmarajan was the founder of a new school of film making in Malayalam, along with Bharathan, in the 1980s, which created films that were widely received while also being critically acclaimed...
, Venu Nagavally
Venu Nagavally was an Indian actor, screenwriter and director who was active in Malayalam cinema. Son of late writer, commentator, and broadcaster Nagavally R. S...
, Shaji N. Karun
Shaji Neelakantan Karun is a National Award-winning Indian film director and cinematographer. His debut film Piravi won the Caméra d'Or - Mention d'honneur at the 1989 Cannes Film Festival...
, Sibi Malayil
Sibi Malayil is an Indian film director of Malayalam cinema best known for his melodramas of the 80s and 90s. Since the mid-1980s he has directed some 40 movies. Movies like Kireedam, Dasharatham, Thaniyavarthanam, His Highness Abdullah, Bharatham, and Akashadoothu defined the way Malayalam movies...
and K. Madhu. CID Unni Krishnan was a turning point in his career as an actor. His brand of comedy clicked among the audiences and he went on to become one of the mainstream comedians in Kerala. Since then, he is busy till date.
Indrans had acted in more than 200 films so far. As a comedy actor he has made most use of his slender, lean figure and typical accent to win over the audiences. He created his own style in cinema and never replicated the comedy of the legendary Adoor Bhasi
Adoor Bhasi was an Indian film actor and film director from Kerala. Adoor Bhasi was almost always cast as the man who stands next to the hero. His hilarious actions and roles became the cynosure of comic scenes in the Malayalam films of the 1950s, 60s, 70s and 80s. He is also famous for his...
Bahadoor , born P. K. Kunjalu, was a Malayalam film comedian who, along with Adoor Bhasi, redefined the way in which comedy and funny scenes were perceived in Malayalam cinema. They made a significant contribution toward establishing comedy as the predominant genre of Malayalam cinema...
, Jagathi Sreekumar or Innocent (actor). Renowned directors Adoor Gopalakrishnan
Moutatthu "Adoor" Gopalakrishnan Unnithan is an Indian film director, script writer, and producer. Adoor Gopalakrishnan had a major role in revolutionizing Malayalam cinema and is regarded as one of the greatest filmmakers of India.. Adoor's first film Swayamvaram pioneered the new wave cinema...
and T.V. Chandran too offered him roles.
- Aparan (1988) .... Bit role
- Innale (1989) .... Hospital Attendant
- Maala Yogam (1990) .... Kochu Raman
- Utsava Melam (1992)
- Kaazhchakkppuram (1992) .... Teashop Worker
- Ayalathe Addeham (1992) .... Abu
- Adharam (1992) .... Dinakaran
- Kavadiyattam (1993) .... Tea Shop Employee
- Janam (1993)
- Aagneyam (1993) .... Rajappan
- Vardhakya Puranam (1994)
- Vadhu Doctoranu (1994) .... Natheli
- Pavam Ia Ivachan (1994)
- Manathe Kottaram (1994)
- Malappuram Haji Mahanaya Joji (1994)
- CID Unnikrishnan B.A., B.Ed. (1994)
- Three Men Army (1995) .... 'Basha' Surendran
- Thovalapookkal (1995)
Spadikam is a 1995 Malayalam film written and directed by Bhadran, starring Mohanlal in the role of a real life rowdy Thomas Chacko aka Aadu Thoma. The film was critically acclaimed, and was also a blockbuster and received cult-fan following. The film's name "Spadikam" means prism, which is a...
- Punnaram (1995)
- Mazhavilkoodaram (1995)
- Mannar Mathai Speaking
Mannar Mathai Speaking is a 1995 Malayalam comedy film made in India, written by Siddique-Lal, produced and directed by Mani. C. Kappan, and starring Mukesh, Saikumar and Innocent. It is the sequel to Ramji Rao Speaking . Priyadarshan adapted certain subplots of the film for his Hindi film, Bhagam...
(1995) .... Ponnappan
- Mangalam Veettil Manaseswari Gupta (1995) .... Dasan
- Kusruthikaatu (1995) .... Arogya Swami
- Kokkarakko (1995)
- Kalamasseriyil Kalyanayogam (1995) .... Palarivattam Philipose
- Kakkakum Poochakkum Kalyanam (1995) .... Balakrishnan
- Avittam Thirunaal Aarogya Shriman (1995) .... Mangalan Mankombu
- Aniyan Bava Chetan Bava (1995) .... Balan
- Aadyathe Kanmani
Aadyathe Kanmani is a 1995 Malayalam film made in India, directed by Rajasenan. This movie was a huge hit, and it was later remade in Hindi, as Beti No 1, starring Govinda and Rambha.-Plot:...
(1995) .... Narayanankutty
- Swapna Lokathe Balabhaskaran (1996) .... Kunjunni
- Sulthan Hyderali (1996)
- Sathyabhamakkoru Premalekhanam (1996)
- Man of the Match (1996) .... 'Neerkoli' Narayanan
- Mandrika Kuthira (1996)
- Kinnam Katha Kallan (1996)
- Kalyana Sowgandhikam (1996) .... Krishnankutty
- Kaathil Oru Kinnaram (1996) .... Rajappan
- Excuse Me Ethu Collegila (1996)
- Dilliwala Rajakumaran (1996)
- Vaachalam (1997)
- Manthramothiram (1997) .... Sundareshan
- Kalyana Uniikal (1997)
- Kadhanayakan (1997) .... Sreedharan
- Hitler Brothers (1997) .... Balaraman
- Ekkareyanente Manasam (1997) .... Bhargavan
- The Car (1997) .... Idiyan Vikraman
- Grama Panchayath (1998) .... Bhaskaran
- Alibabayum Arara Kallanmarum (1998) .... E. T. Lukose
- Vasanthiyum Lakshmiyum Pinne Njaanum (1999)
- Swastham Grihabaranam (1999) .... Vilakkoothi Vasu
- Onnam Vattom Kandappol (1999)
- James Bond (1999)
- Chandranudikkunna Dikhil
Chandranudikkunna Dikhil is 1999 Malayalam film directed by Lal Jose and written by Babu Janardhanan, starring Dileep, Kavya Madhavan, Lal, Biju Menon, Samyuktha Varma, Jagadish, and Innocent in the main roles...
- American Ammayi (1999)
- Priyam (2000)
- Pilots (2000)
- Mark Antony (2000)
- Darling Darling (2000)
- Rakshasa Rajav (2001)
- Nagaravadhu (2001)
- Megasandesam (2001) .... Thommy
- Uthaman (2001) .... Abdulla Haji
- Bharthavudyogam (2001) .... Madhavan
- Fort Kochi (2001)
- One Man Show (2001) .... Achuthan
- Videsi Nair Swadesi Nair (2002) .... Kochu Preman
- Valkannadi (2002) .... Kanaran
- Snehithan (2002) .... Studio Owner
- Oomappenninu Uriyadappayyan (2002) .... Madhavan
- Kuberan (2002) .... Abdu
- Kakke Kakke Koodevide (2002)
- Jagathi Jagathish in Town (2002) .... Moosa
- Nizhalkkuthu (2002) (aka Serviteur de Kali, Le (France), aka Shadow Kill (International: English title)) .... Barber
- Vellithira (2003) .... Iyamkutty
- C.I.D. Moosa (2003) .... Theekkanal Varkey
- Meerayude Dukhavum Muthuvinte Swapnavum (2003) .... Chandran
- Balettan (2003) .... Koya
Pattalam is a 2003 Malayalam film by Lal Jose starring Mammootty and Biju Menon in lead roles with Jagathy Sreekumar, Oduvil Unnikrishnan, Innocent and Jyothirmai in supporting roles. This film revolves around the incidents happening in a small village after army sets up a temporary camp...
(2003) .... Velayudhan
- Varum Varunnu Vannu (2003) .... Servant
- Thalamelam (2004) .... Nakulan
- Kusruthi (2004) .... Champion Bhaskaran
- C.I. Mahadevan 5 Adi 4 Inchu (2004) .... Narayanan
- Vellinakshatram (2004)
- Kanninum Kannadikkum (2004) .... M. A. Chengamangalam
- Chathikkatha Chanthu (2004) .... Pappan
- Kadhavaseshan (2004)
- Ponmudipuzhayorathu (2005) .... Supran
- Udayananu Tharam (2005) .... Vijayan Varkala
- Iruvattam Manavatti (2005) .... Chandrappan
- Athbhutha Dweepu (2005) .... Chandrappan
- Kochi Rajavu (2005) .... Canteen Manager
- Pandippada (2005) .... Veeramani
- Nerariyan CBI (2005) .... Devaswam
- Mayookham (2005)
- Madhuchandralekha (2006) .... Lukose
- Kilukkam Kilukilukkam (2006) .... Bakkar
- Athisayan (2007)
- Veeralipattu (2007)
- Kangaroo (2007) .... Chellappan
- Oru Pennum Randaanum (2008)
- Twenty:20 (2008)
Utharaswayamvaram is a 2009 Malayalam movie by Remakanth Sarjju starring Jayasurya and Roma. M. Jayachandran did the music for this movie.- Plot :...
(2009) .... Chellappan
- Cheriya Kallanum Valiya Policum
Cheriya Kallanum Valiya Policum is a 2010 Malayalam film directed by Haridas Kesavan. Mukesh, Dhanya Mary Varghese, Jagadish and Suraj Venjaramood plays the lead roles in this film.- Plot :...
- Shudharil Shudan (2010)
Manikiakkallu is a 2011 Malayalam family film directed by M. Mohanan, starring Prithviraj and Samvrutha Sunil in the lead roles.-Plot:The story happens in a government school that had a glorious past but is now on the verge of being shut down as there are less than 50 students enrolled there...
- Nanban (2011)
- Namukku parkan Munthirithoppukal
- Sarvakalasala (1987)
- Season (1989)
- Innale (1989)
- Rajavazhcha (1990)
- Maala Yogam (1990)
- Njan Gandharvan
Njan Gandharvan is a 1991 Malayalam fantasy romance film written and directed by P. Padmarajan. It stars Nitish Bharadwaj and Suparna Anand in lead roles....
- Kaazhchakkppuram (1992)
- Ayalathe Addeham (1992)
- Kavadiyattam (1993)
- Bhagyavan (1993)
- Sphadikam (1995)
- Kalyana Uniikal (1997)