Ask a question about 'Gary Blackwood'
Start a new discussion about 'Gary Blackwood'
Answer questions from other users
, born on October 23, 1945 in Meadville, Pennsylvania
Meadville is a city in and the county seat of Crawford County, Pennsylvania, United States. The city is generally considered part of the Pittsburgh Tri-State and is within 40 miles of Erie, Pennsylvania. It was the first permanent settlement in northwest Pennsylvania...
, is an American author of popular books for young readers including The Shakespeare Stealer
, Shakespeare's Scribe
, and Shakespeare's Spy
- The Lion and the Unicorn (1983)
- Wild Timothy (1987)
- The Dying Sun
The Dying Sun is a science fiction novel by Gary Blackwood, published in 1989. Set in the mid-21st century, the book depicts a world where the sun's light is actually diminishing over time, cooling the Earth , which causes a mass migration from the U.S. to Mexico...
- Beyond the Door (1991)
- Time Masters (1995)
- The Shakespeare Stealer
The Shakespeare Stealer is a 1998 young adult novel, written by Gary Blackwood. The novel is a historical fiction novel, and takes place in Elizabethan England. It was an ALA Notable Children's Book in 1999.-Plot summary:...
- Moonshine (1999)
- Shakespeare's Scribe
Shakespeare’s Scribe is a 2000 young adult novel, written by Gary Blackwood. The novel is a historical fiction novel and takes place in Elizabethan England.-Plot summary:...
- The Year of the Hangman
The Year of the Hangman is a young adult alternate history novel written by Gary Blackwood and published in 2002. It was a School Library Journal Best Book of the Year in 2002.-Characters:...
- Shakespeare's Spy
Shakespeare’s Spy is a 2003 young adult novel, written by Gary Blackwood. The novel is a historical fiction novel and takes place in Elizabethan England.-Plot summary:...
- Second Sight (2005)
- The Great Race: The Amazing Round-the-World Auto Race of 1908 (2008)
- Mysterious Messages: A History of Codes and Ciphers (October 2009)
- Around the World in 100 Days (November 2010)
- 1990 Friends of American Writers Best Young Adult Novel for The Dying Sun
- Ozark Creative Writers Conference 1st prize for Attack of the Mushroom People
- Missouri Scriptworks 1st prize for Dark Horse
- 1999 ALA Best Book for Young Adults for The Shakespeare Stealer
- 2010 Smithsonian's Notable Books for Children for Around the World in 100 Days
- 2010 Best Books for Teens by Kirkus Book Reviews