Ask a question about 'Dehradun district'
Start a new discussion about 'Dehradun district'
Answer questions from other users
There are five railway stations in Dehradun:
- Raiwala(first railway station)
- Rishikesh(gateway of garhwals)
- Doiwala(gorkha fighter shaheed Durga Malla's motherland)
- Harrawala(corner forest)
- Dehradun(capital of Uttrakhand)
- Jolly grant airport (in middle of three major cities haridwar, rishikesh, dehradun)
- uttrakhand parivahan(govt. transport)
- car private distant transport
- tempo/autorikshaw local transport
Dehradun district is a part of Gadhwal region, therefore local culture is dominant in the district.Apart from Gadhwali, other languages spoken in the region are Hindi and English.People from different religions stay together in harmony and peace. Owing to improved education system, proper transport and good communication system, development of this region has gained appreciable pace.Dehradun is home for many prominent schools in the country.Blue buses are the main way of transport in the city.
Dehradun has made remarkable progress in the last 20 years. Per Capita Income here is $1800 which is much higher than the national average of $800.
- Uttrakhnad Technical University, dehradun(government)
- H.N.B. Garwal university,(government)
- Doon university (government)