Ask a question about 'Bonham Carter family'
Start a new discussion about 'Bonham Carter family'
Answer questions from other users
The Bonham Carter family
are descendants of John Bonham-Carter (1788–1838), a British Member of Parliament (MP) and barrister. The son of Sir John Carter, he assumed the name Bonham by Royal Licence when he inherited the estates of his cousin Thomas Bonham. John Bonham-Carter's wife Joanna Maria Smith was the daughter of the MP William Smith
William Smith was a leading independent British politician, sitting as Member of Parliament for more than one constituency. He was an English Dissenter and was instrumental in bringing political rights to that religious minority...
and her sister Frances Smith was the mother of Florence Nightingale
Florence Nightingale OM, RRC was a celebrated English nurse, writer and statistician. She came to prominence for her pioneering work in nursing during the Crimean War, where she tended to wounded soldiers. She was dubbed "The Lady with the Lamp" after her habit of making rounds at night...
The family members include:
- John Bonham-Carter (1788–1838), MP, married Joanna Maria Smith
- John Bonham-Carter (1817–1884), MP, married Mary Baring, daughter of Francis Thornhill Baring, 1st Baron Northbrook
- Lothian Bonham-Carter
Lothian George Bonham-Carter J.P. was an English cricketer. Bonham-Carter was a right-handed batsman who bowled slow roundarm bowler, but with which arm is unknown, but he was one of the last cricketers to use this bowling style...
(1858–1927), married Emily Maud
- Algernon Bonham Carter (1888–1957), married Myra Foyle
- Admiral Sir Stuart Bonham Carter
Vice Admiral Sir Stuart Sumner Bonham Carter, KCB, CVO, DSO was an officer in the Royal Navy who had a distinguished record in both world wars.-Naval career:...
(1889–1972), married Eve Lloyd
- Joanna Bonham Carter (1821–1865)
- Frances Bonham Carter (1823–1870)
- Alfred Bonham Carter (1825–1910), married Mary Henrietta Norman
- Guy Bonham Carter (1884–1915), married Kathleen Arkwright
- Diana Bonham Carter (b. 1913)
- John Bonham Carter (b. 1915), married Anne Charteris
- Nigel Bonham Carter (b. 1945)
- Richard Bonham Carter (b. 1940), married Josephine Gallimore
- Clare Bonham Carter (b. 1972)
- Nicola Bonham Carter (b. 1969), married Alex Roads
- Alfred Erskine Bonham Carter (1880–1921), married Margaret Emily Malcolm
- Rear-Admiral Sir Christopher Douglas Bonham-Carter
Rear Admiral Sir Christopher Douglas Bonham-Carter, GCVO, CB was a Royal Navy officer and Treasurer to the Duke of Edinburgh 1959-1970....
(1907–1975), married Marion MacIntyre Hutchinson Taylor
- Peter Malcolm Bonham Carter (b. 1936), married Clodagh Greenwood
- Crispin Bonham Carter (b. 1969), married Katherine Julian Dawnay
- Christopher Bonham Carter (b. 1999)
- Arthur Bonham Carter (b. 1997)
- Stanley Bonham Carter (b. 2002)
- Frank Bonham Carter (b. 2006)
- Henry Bonham Carter (1827–1921), married Sibella Charlotte Norman
- Sir Edgar Bonham-Carter
Sir Edgar Bonham-Carter, KCMG, CIE was a British barrister and administrator in the Sudan and Iraq. In his younger days he was a rugby player of some note and represented England at international level....
- General Sir Charles Bonham-Carter
(1876–1955), married Gabriele Fisher
- Victor Bonham Carter (1913–2007)
- Sir Maurice Bonham Carter
Sir Maurice Bonham Carter, KCB, KCVO was an English Liberal politician and cricketer.Bonham Carter was the second son of Sibella Charlotte and Henry Bonham Carter. He was born in London and educated at Winchester College and Balliol College, Oxford...
(1880–1960) married Violet Asquith, Baroness Asquith of Yarnbury
Helen Violet Bonham Carter, Baroness Asquith of Yarnbury, DBE was a British politician and diarist. She was the daughter of H. H. Asquith, Prime Minister from 1908-1916, and later became active in Liberal politics herself, being a leading opponent of appeasement, standing for Parliament and being...
- Helen Bonham Carter (1917–1997), married Jasper Ridley
- Sir Adam Ridley (b. 1942)
- Magnus Grimond
- Joseph Andrew Grimond (1939-1966)
- Grizelda Jane Grimond (b. 1942), married Anthony Richardson
- John Jasper Grimond (b. 1946), married Kate Fleming
- Mary Grimond (b. 1976)
- Georgia Grimond (b. 1983)
- Rose Grimond (b. 1979)
- Mark Bonham Carter, Baron Bonham-Carter
Mark Raymond Bonham Carter, Baron Bonham-Carter , was an English publisher and politician. He was created a life peer in 1986.-Early life:...
(1922–1994), MP, life peer, married Leslie Nast
- Jane Bonham Carter, Baroness Bonham-Carter of Yarnbury
Jane Bonham Carter, Baroness Bonham-Carter of Yarnbury is a British Liberal Democrat politician.-Education:Bonham Carter was educated at St...
(b. 1957), married Tim Razzall, Baron Razzall
Edward Timothy Razzall, Baron Razzall, CBE is a British Liberal Democrat politician.-Early life:Razzall studied at the University of Oxford in the early 1960s, where he also played cricket for the university in 1964....
- Virginia Bonham Carter (b. 1959)
- Eliza Bonham Carter (b. 1961)
- Raymond Bonham Carter
The Honourable Raymond Henry Bonham Carter was a leading British banker, and a member of a distinguished British theatrical and political family....
(1929–2004), married Elena Propper de Callejón
- Edward Bonham Carter
Edward Henry Bonham Carter is an English fund manager.-Early life:Edward Henry Bonham Carter was born and raised in Golders Green, London. He is the elder son of Raymond Bonham Carter, who was a merchant banker, and Elena , a psychotherapist...
(b. 1960), married Victoria Studd
-Career:She was a presenter for Wish You Were Here? from 1991 to 1996, appearing in eight episodes in total. Before appearing on the show, she spent a brief time presenting Holiday, a travel shown that has seen the likes of Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen, Charlie Dimmock, and Hermione Norris presenting...
- Maud Bonham Carter (b. 1999)
- Harry Bonham Carter (b. 2004)
- Tobias Bonham Carter (b. 2004)
- Thomas Bonham Carter (b. 1961), married Virginia Bonham Carter
- Freddie Bonham Carter
- Rosie Bonham Carter
- Matilda Bonham Carter
- Helena Bonham Carter
Helena Bonham Carter is an English actress of film, stage, and television. She made her acting debut in a television adaptation of K. M. Peyton's A Pattern of Roses before winning her first film role as the titular character in Lady Jane...
(b. 1966), partnered with Tim Burton
Timothy William "Tim" Burton is an American film director, film producer, writer and artist. He is famous for dark, quirky-themed movies such as Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Ed Wood, Sleepy Hollow, Corpse Bride and Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet...
- Billy Ray Burton (b. 2003)
- Nell Burton (b. 2007)
- Alice Bonham Carter (1829–1912)
- Hugh Bonham Carter (1832–1896)
- Air Commodore Ian Bonham-Carter
Air Commodore Ian Malcolm Bonham-Carter CB, OBE, RAF was a senior officer in the Royal Air Force.After his education at Haileybury, Ian Bonham-Carter was commissioned into the Northumberland Fusiliers in 1900. Bonham-Carter served in the 5th Battalion and then the 1st Battalion of the...
- Eleanor Bonham Carter (1837–1923)
(Note: each indentation is a different generation.)