Ask a question about 'Anne Curry'
Start a new discussion about 'Anne Curry'
Answer questions from other users
Anne Elizabeth Curry
is a British historian. She is Professor of Medieval history at the University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a British public university located in the city of Southampton, England, a member of the Russell Group. The origins of the university can be dated back to the founding of the Hartley Institution in 1862 by Henry Robertson Hartley. In 1902, the Institution developed...
, former editor of the Journal of Medieval History
The Journal of Medieval History is a major international academic journal devoted to all aspects of the history of Europe in the Middle Ages....
, and a specialist in the Hundred Years' War
The Hundred Years' War was a series of separate wars waged from 1337 to 1453 by the House of Valois and the House of Plantagenet, also known as the House of Anjou, for the French throne, which had become vacant upon the extinction of the senior Capetian line of French kings...
, especially the Battle of Agincourt
The Battle of Agincourt was a major English victory against a numerically superior French army in the Hundred Years' War. The battle occurred on Friday, 25 October 1415 , near modern-day Azincourt, in northern France...
. She is also President of the Historical Association of Great Britain 2008 to 2011. She was also a vice-president of the Royal Historical Society. She is Dean of the Faculty of Humanities at the University of Southampton.
- Curry, Anne with Hughes, Michael (editors). (1994). Arms, Armies and Fortifications in the Hundred Years War. The Boydell Press (UK) ISBN 9780851153650
- Curry, Anne with Bates, David (1994). England and Normandy in the Middle Ages. Hambledon Continuum. ISBN 9781852850838
- Curry, Anne with Matthew, Elizabeth (editors) (2000. The Fifteenth Century: Concepts and Patterns of Service in the Later Middle Ages (vol. 1: Fifteenth Century). The Boydell Press (UK). ISBN 9780851158143
- Curry, Anne (ed.) (2000) Agincourt 1415. Tempus (UK). ISBN 9780752417806
- Curry, Anne (2000). The Battle of Agincourt: Sources and Interpretations. The Boydell Press (UK) ISBN 9780851158020
- Curry, Anne (2003) The Hundred Years' War (British History in Perspective series). Palgrave Macmillan; 2nd revised edition. ISBN 9780333924358
- Curry, Anne (2005) The Parliament rolls of Medieval England 1275-1504. Henry VI 1422-31. Boydell & Brewer (UK).
- Curry, Anne (2005) The Parliament rolls of Medieval England 1275-1504. Henry VI 1432-1445. Boydell & Brewer (UK).
- Curry, Anne (2005). Agincourt: A New History. Tempus (UK). ISBN 9780752428284
- Curry, Anne, (with Robert Hardy
Timothy Sydney Robert Hardy, CBE, FSA is an English actor with a long career in the theatre, film and television. He is also an acknowledged expert on the longbow.-Early life:...
) (2006) Agincourt 1415: The Archers' Story. Tempus (UK). 9780752445663.