Ask a question about 'Aethomys'
Start a new discussion about 'Aethomys'
Answer questions from other users
is a genus of rodent
Rodentia is an order of mammals also known as rodents, characterised by two continuously growing incisors in the upper and lower jaws which must be kept short by gnawing....
Africa is the world's second largest and second most populous continent, after Asia. At about 30.2 million km² including adjacent islands, it covers 6% of the Earth's total surface area and 20.4% of the total land area...
. They are commonly referred to as rock rats
, bush rats
or rock mice
- Genus Aethomys
- Aethomys bocagei - Bocage's Rock Rat (Thomas, 1904)
- Aethomys chrysophilus - Red Rock Rat (de Winton, 1897)
- Aethomys granti - Grant's Rock Rat (Wroughton, 1908)
- Aethomys hindei - Hinde's Rock Rat( Thomas, 1902)
- Aethomys ineptus - Tete Veld Aethomys (Thomas & Wroughton, 1908)
- Aethomys kaiseri - Kaiser's Rock Rat (Noack, 1887)
- Aethomys namaquensis - Namaqua Rock Rat (A. Smith, 1834)
- Aethomys nyikae - Nyika Rock Rat (Thomas, 1897)
- Aethomys silindensis - Silinda Rock Rat Roberts, 1938
- Aethomys stannarius - Tinfield's Rock Rat (Thomas, 1913)
- Aethomys thomasi Thomas's Rock Rat (de Winton, 1897)