Ask a question about 'Wes Dakus'
Start a new discussion about 'Wes Dakus'
Answer questions from other users
was the band leader of "Wes Dakus & The Rebels", Canada
Canada is a North American country consisting of ten provinces and three territories. Located in the northern part of the continent, it extends from the Atlantic Ocean in the east to the Pacific Ocean in the west, and northward into the Arctic Ocean...
's most influential and popular instrumental group of the 1960s.
Wes Dakus & The Club 93 Rebels formed in 1958, and had a lot of contact with the Edmonton Nomads. In 1960 they were signed with Quality Records
Quality Records is a Canadian entertainment company which released music albums in Canada on behalf of American record labels, and also released recordings by Canadian artists...
, and released their first album in the same year titled El Ringo
. They toured with such artists as Buddy Knox
Buddy Knox was an American singer and songwriter, best known for his 1957 rockabilly hit song, "Party Doll".-Biography:...
In 1965 The Wes Dakus Album - With The Rebels
was released and helped the band create several singles. In 1966 their album was issued on KAPP
KAPP is the ABC affiliate for Yakima, Washington, serving the Central Washington area with a mix of news, sports, syndicated fare, and local programming since it first signed on the air on September 21, 1970. It is a sister station to KVEW in Kennewick; the latter is reckoned as a semi-satellite to...
as "Wes Dakus's Rebels"
. In Canada the album was split into singles. RPM Magazine
voted the band "Top Instrumental Group" in 1964 and 1965.
In the 1970s Dakus opened a recording studio called Sundown Recorders in Edmonton. He still dabbles with music projects while residing in British Columbia. 2 CDs of his '60s output have recently been released.
- The Wes Dakus Album - With The Rebels (Capitol)
- Wes Dakus & The Rebels - Volume 1 (Super Oldies)
- Wes Dakus & The Rebels - Volume 2 (Super Oldies)
- As Wes Dakus:
- 1964 "Pedro's Pad"/"Sidewinder"
- 1964 "Las Vegas Scene"/"Sour Biscuits"
- 1965 "Hoochi Coochi Coo"/"Feel Good" (RPM singles chart #4)
- 1966 "She Ain't No Angel"/"Snooper"
- 1966 "We've Got A Groovy Thing Going"/"Bach's Back"
- 1967 "Mama's Boy"/"Midnight Hour"
- 1967 "Shotgun"/"Lobo, The Ferocious Dog"
- As Wes Dakus and Club 93 Revels:
- 1960 "El Ringo"/"Creepy"
- 1964 "Pink Canary"/Road Block"
- As The Dundeeville Players:
- 1964 "Wheels"/"Woodpecker"
- 1964 "Replica"/"Sunday"
- As Wes Dakus & The Rebels:
- 1965 "Hobo"/"Rolling Back" (RPM singles chart #9)
- 1965 "Come On Down"/"Honeybun"
- 1967 "Manipulator"/"Come On In"
- As The New Sounds of Wes Dakus:
- 1968 "Organized"/"The Chaser"