Ask a question about 'Tur (military vehicle)'
Start a new discussion about 'Tur (military vehicle)'
Answer questions from other users
is a light armoured patrol car (light infantry mobility vehicle
An infantry mobility vehicle is a wheeled armored personnel carrier serving as a military patrol, reconnaissance or security vehicle. Examples include the ATF Dingo, AMZ Dzik, AMZ Tur, Mungo ESK, and Bushmaster IMV...
), designed by the Polish factory AMZ-Kutno in 2007. The Tur was designed for intervention and patrol tasks behind front lines, especially equipped for operations in danger areas and has 5 person transport capacity.
The vehicle was developed especially for the Polish military contingents in Iraq
Iraq ; officially the Republic of Iraq is a country in Western Asia spanning most of the northwestern end of the Zagros mountain range, the eastern part of the Syrian Desert and the northern part of the Arabian Desert....
Afghanistan , officially the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, is a landlocked country located in the centre of Asia, forming South Asia, Central Asia and the Middle East. With a population of about 29 million, it has an area of , making it the 42nd most populous and 41st largest nation in the world...
in response to requests of the soldiers stationed there. Its design and armour allows it to withstand an explosion equal to 6 kg (13 lb) of TNT
. It may be fitted with a remote turret. Mechanical part comes mostly from IVECO
Iveco, an acronym for Industrial Vehicle Corporation, originally an alliance of European commercial vehicle manufacturers such as Fiat , Unic and Magirus. Iveco is now an Italian truck, bus, and diesel engine manufacturer, based in Turin...
(engine, transmission, suspension).
It is designed as a safer and more modern alternative to the Humvee operated by the Polish Army. Despite needs of military contingents, as for 2009 no orders were made, and a contest for a light armoured patrol car (LOSP in Polish) was not settled (its main counterpart is Iveco LMV
Iveco LMV is a 4WD tactical vehicle developed by Iveco, and in service with several countries.After its adoption by the Italian Army under the name VTLM Lince , it won the “FCLV” competition of the British Army as the Panther and has been adopted by the armies of Belgium, Croatia, Norway, Russia...
). As of 2008, five prototypes were made, two of them were destroyed in tests. The last, fifth one has modified look of a forward part, and minor improvements. In 2008 AMZ-Kutno developed new, bigger variant Tur 2, being a different car in fact.
- Type: Iveco Aifo 4-cylinders, turbocharger and intercooler, Common Rail;
- Capacity: 2998 cc;
- Power: 122 kW (166 PS);
- Gearbox: 6-gears, synchronized + rear gear
- Permanent 4 wheel drive mechanism
- Clutch: Hydraulic, dry, single disk
- Reduction gear and Transfer case allow to use 24 gear ratios: 12 for road drive and 12 for off-road
- Fuel tank: 220 l (58.1 US gal; 48.4 imp gal)
- Range: 600 km (372.8 mi)
Vehicle ballistic armouring
- Protecting crew against armor-piercing Incendiary bullet: 7.62x39 API BZ (Level 2 - STANAG 4569)
- Protecting crew against armor-piercing bullet: 7.62x54R B32 AP (Level 2 - STANAG 4569)
- Protecting crew against explosive material equal 6 kg (13 lb) of TNT (Level 2b - STANAG 4569)
- Engine protected by armoured steel plate FB6 class
Vehicle Dimensions and Weight
- Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) : 6200 kg (13,669 lb)
- Payload : 1000 kg (2,205 lb)
- Wheel Base : 2800 mm (110.2 in)
- Track Width : 1700 mm (66.9 in)
- Total Length : 4870 mm (191.7 in)
- Height : 2350 mm (92.5 in) (to the roof level)
- Total Width : 2230 mm (87.8 in).
- Fording depth (without preparation) : 700 mm (27.6 in)
- Crew : 5