Ask a question about 'Torre Ader'
Start a new discussion about 'Torre Ader'
Answer questions from other users
The Torre Ader
is an 18th Century florentine style tower located in Villa Adelina
Villa Adelina is a town in Buenos Aires Province, Argentina. It is divided between the administrative districts of San Isidro Partido and Vicente López Partido and forms part of the Greater Buenos Aires urban conurbation.-External links:...
in Vicente López Partido
Vicente López is a partido located in the north of Greater Buenos Aires in Buenos Aires Province, Argentina. The capital is Olivos.-Districts:* Carapachay* Florida* La Lucila* Munro* Olivos* Vicente López* Villa Adelina* Villa Martelli...
, Buenos Aires
The Province of Buenos Aires is the largest and most populous province of Argentina. It takes the name from the city of Buenos Aires, which used to be the provincial capital until it was federalized in 1880...
Argentina , officially the Argentine Republic , is the second largest country in South America by land area, after Brazil. It is constituted as a federation of 23 provinces and an autonomous city, Buenos Aires...
. It is an historical monument built in similar style to the Torre Monumental (Monumental Tower) in Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires is the capital and largest city of Argentina, and the second-largest metropolitan area in South America, after São Paulo. It is located on the western shore of the estuary of the Río de la Plata, on the southeastern coast of the South American continent...
. It reaches a height of
The tower was conceived in 1916 by Bernado Ader as Torre de la Independencia
(Independence Tower) in honour of his deceased children and as a monument to the centenary of Argentine independence
What today is commonly referred as the Independence of Argentina was declared on July 9, 1816 by the Congress of Tucumán. In reality, the congressmen that were assembled in Tucumán declared the independence of the United Provinces of South America, which is still today one of the legal names of the...
. Construction began in 1917, the architects were Artaza and Marino and the construction company was Steffanetti and sons.