Ask a question about 'Tokyo Gakugei University'
Start a new discussion about 'Tokyo Gakugei University'
Answer questions from other users
Tokyo Gakugei University
(東京学芸大学) or Gakudai
(学大), for short, is a national university
As of 2008, there were 87 , 89 public universities and 580 private universities in Japan. National universities, tend to be held in higher regard in higher education in Japan than private or public universities....
is a city located in Tokyo, Japan. As of July 1, 2011, the city has an officially registered population of 116,055 with 56,296 households and a population density of 10,243.16 persons per km²...
, ; officially , is one of the 47 prefectures of Japan. Tokyo is the capital of Japan, the center of the Greater Tokyo Area, and the largest metropolitan area of Japan. It is the seat of the Japanese government and the Imperial Palace, and the home of the Japanese Imperial Family...
. While its history may be traced to 1873, it was formally chartered as a university in 1949 through the merging of four teacher-training institutions.
In 1966, the Graduate School of Tokyo Gakugei University was established, and since 1996 it has offered Doctoral degrees in the education field as part of a coalition of educational institutions that include Chiba University
is a national university in the city of Chiba, Japan. It offers Doctoral degrees in education as part of a coalition with Tokyo Gakugei University, Saitama University, and Yokohama National University.-Faculties:*Letters*Education*Law and Economics*Science...
, Saitama University
Saitama University is a Japanese national university located in a suburban area of Sakura-ku, Saitama City capital of Saitama Prefecture in Tokyo Metropolitan Area....
, and Yokohama National University
, or is a national university in Hodogaya-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan. It offers Doctoral degrees in education as part of a coalition with Tokyo Gakugei University, Saitama University, and Chiba University. It is noted for its Business Administration program.-History:The predecessor...
In recent years, Tokyo Gakugei University has developed programs to better accommodate professional school teachers, including evening and short-term courses. The university also houses a number of national research centres in education-related fields. In addition to its Koganei campus, it also maintains a number of attached public schools offering curricula in elementary, secondary, and special education at various locations in the greater Tokyo area.
The university has a strong reputation in education-related fields, playing a national role in the development of educational policy and innovations in teacher education.
- A Course: The department of Elementary school's teacher training
- B Course: The department of Junior high school and high school's teacher training
- C Course: The department of Special school's teacher training
- L Course: The department of Long-Life Studying
- N Course: The department of Human Welfare Studying
- K Course: The department of International Understanding and Education
- F Course: The department of Environmentalogy
- J Course: The department of Information Studying
- G Course: The department of Art and Cultural Studies
Notable alumni and affiliates
- Keiko Abe
is a Japanese composer and marimba player. She has been a primary figure in the development of the marimba, in terms of expanding both technique and repertoire, and through her collaboration with the Yamaha musical instrument company, developed the modern five-octave concert marimba.- Biography...
- Takehito Shimazu, composer
- Masamichi Kinoshita, composer
- Isaac Nagao, composer/musicologist
- Teruo Furuya, shakuhachi player
- Ichiro Saito, conductor
- Takashi Uematsu, conductor
- Yuichi Takubo, conductor
- Masahiro Izaki, conductor
- Naomi Chye Bee Sen, conductor
- Eiichi Itoh, conductor
- Kana Madarame, trumpeter
- Taka Kigawa, pianist
- Masahito Kuroda, euphonium player
- Koji Matsunobu, shakuhachi player/educationist
- Satoko Inoue
is a Japanese musician.Inoue is a concert pianist whose performance repertoire is mainly contemporary music. Inoue is also music teacher at the Kunitachi College of Music and Ueno Gakuen University in Tokyo.-Early life:...
- Makiko Kawamoto, musicologist
- David Hebert, musician/musicologist
- Eric Van Hove, contemporary artist
- Yuji Hiratsuka, contemporary artist
- Arisumi Mitamura, contemporary artist
- Yoshiyuki Yoshida, Judoka/Professional Mixed Martial Artist