Ask a question about 'Tell Me More'
Start a new discussion about 'Tell Me More'
Answer questions from other users
Tell Me More
is a National Public Radio daytime interview
An interview is a conversation between two people where questions are asked by the interviewer to obtain information from the interviewee.- Interview as a Method for Qualitative Research:"Definition" -...
show hosted by journalist
Journalism is the practice of investigation and reporting of events, issues and trends to a broad audience in a timely fashion. Though there are many variations of journalism, the ideal is to inform the intended audience. Along with covering organizations and institutions such as government and...
Michel Martin. Tell Me More was first introduced in a novel way; it was made available online in December 2006 through an "open piloting" program called "Rough Cuts." Martin and the show's producers provided a regular podcast and blog on NPR's website, testing show ideas, offering sample segments, and soliciting user feedback. It began broadcasting on April 30, 2007.
- The Barbershop: Jimi Izrael moderates a weekly all-male segment covering topics related to minority communities
- Faith Matters: a forum of spiritual leaders from some of the major faith traditions discussing issues of public concern
- Moms: Parents share opinions on family issues
- Political Chat: a political roundtable of analysts, editorial writers and columnists
- Wisdom Watch: featuring thoughts of distinguished "elder statespeople," including thinkers, scholars and activists
Regular contributors include nationally syndicated columnist Ruben Navarrette; writer Jimi Izrael; human rights lawyer Arsalan Iftikhar
Arsalan Iftikhar is an American international human rights lawyer, global media commentator and author of the book . Arsalan is the founder of and also a regular weekly commentator for the National Public Radio show "Tell Me More" with Michel Martin...
; "Money Coach" Alvin Hall; "Moms" contributors: Jolene Ivey, Leslie Morgan Steiner, Asra Nomani and Dani Tucker.