Ask a question about 'Sidney Heath'
Start a new discussion about 'Sidney Heath'
Answer questions from other users
was a notable English landscape artist, illustrator and author of books on local topography, history and architecture. He specialised in drawings of old buildings.
He wrote several volumes for the "Beautiful England" series of travel books, illustrated by E W Haslehust, and published by Blackie and Son Limited
Blackie and Son Limited was a publishing house in Glasgow, Scotland and in London, England, from 1890 to 1991.The firm was founded in 1809 by John Blackie, snr. as a partnership with two others and was originally known as 'Blackie, Fullerton and Company'. It began printing in 1819 and was renamed...
Written and illustrated by Heath
Written by Heath, illustrated by E W Haslehust
- Perkins, Thomas & Pentin, Herbet (Eds). Memorials of old Dorset (London, Bemrose, 1907).
- Our homeland churches and how to study them (The Homeland Association, 1907).
- The Romance of symbolism and its relationship to church ornament and architecture (Francis Griffiths, 1909).
- The South Devon and Dorset coast (T. Fischer Unwin, 1910).
- Old English houses of alms: a pictorial record with architectural and historical notes (London: F. Griffiths, 1910).
- The story of Ford Abbey: from the earliest times to the present day (Francis Griffiths, 1911)
- Pilgrim life in the Middle Ages (T. Fischer Unwin, 1911).
- A school history of Dorset (Dorset Education Committee, 1920).
- The Parts of a manor house (George Philip & Son , 1928)
- The Parts of a Church (George Philip & Son , 1929).
- The Homes and Buildings of Other Days (George Philip & Son , 1929).
- Our Homeland Cathedrals (The Homeland Association, 1930).
Illustrated by Heath