Ask a question about 'Schloss Frohsdorf'
Start a new discussion about 'Schloss Frohsdorf'
Answer questions from other users
is a castle-like complex in Lanzenkirchen
-Geography:Lanzenkirchen is located in the regions of Steinfeld and the Bucklige Welt and the Rosalienbirges ranges. Its main river is the Leitha and the Mühlbach Canal.Here are 5 Katastralgemeinden of Lanzenkirchen:*Lanzenkirchen*Frohsdorf*Haderswörth...
in Niederösterreich and was built 1547-1550 out of the ruins of the so-called "Krotenhof".
After similar devastation in the year 1683 it was largely altered and renovated in the Baroque style. Greatly damaged by the occupying Russians the palace was restored between 1968 and 1971 by the Austrian postal service.
- from 1570 Teufel family
- from 1690 Count Franz Carl Hoyos
The House of Hoyos is a Spanish and Austro-Hungarian noble family. Itderives its name from El Hoyo de Pinares in Ávila, Castile and León, and can be traced to the 9th century...
(renovated by Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach
----Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach, born Johann Bernhard Fischer was probably the most influential Austrian architect of the Baroque period....
- from 1740 Count Joseph Philipp Hoyos
- from 1781 Count Johann Philipp Hoyos and his wife, Countess Maria Christiana von Clary
- from 1799 Count Johann Ernest Hoyos (son of Count Johann Philipp Hoyos)
- from 1817 Caroline Bonaparte
Maria Annunziata Carolina Murat , better known as Caroline Bonaparte, was the seventh surviving child and third surviving daughter of Carlo Buonaparte and Letizia Ramolino and a younger sister of Napoleon I of France...
(youngest sister of Napoléon Bonaparte) and General Francesco Macdonald (very expensive sale)
- from 1828 Alexander, Ritter von Yermoloff (Russian general, retired)
- from 1835 Michael Ritter von Yermoloff
- from 1839 Pierre Louis Jean Casimir de Blacas
Pierre Louis Jean Casimir de Blacas d'Aulps, first comte, then duc, and finally prince de Blacas d'Aulps was a French antiquarian, nobleman and diplomat during the Bourbon Restoration.-Youth:He was baptized at Avignon on 11 January 1771...
, 1st Duke of Blacas (bought)
- from 1844 Marie-Thérèse of France, daughter of Louis XVI of France
Louis XVI was a Bourbon monarch who ruled as King of France and Navarre until 1791, and then as King of the French from 1791 to 1792, before being executed in 1793....
- from 1851 Henri, comte de Chambord
Henri, comte de Chambord was disputedly King of France from 2 to 9 August 1830 as Henry V, although he was never officially proclaimed as such...
(nephew-in-law of Marie-Thérèse of France)
- from 1886 Jaime, Duke of Madrid (nephew-in-law of the comte de Chambord)
- from 1931 Princess Beatrix Massimo (sister of the Duke of Madrid)
- from 1941 Sale of the palace to the Deutsche Reichspost
- from 1945 Russian troops occupy palace
- from 1955 takeover of the Austrian postal service
- from 1968 renovation by the Austrian postal service