Ask a question about 'Saraikistan'
Start a new discussion about 'Saraikistan'
Answer questions from other users
'South Punjab (Urdu, Saraiki: جنوبی پنجاب) is the southernmost region of Pakistan's Punjab province. The districts of Bahawalpur, Multan, Rahim Yar Khan and D. G. Khan are geographically regarded as components of the region. Unlike other areas of mainland Punjab, where the Punjabis are dominant and native, the demographic make-up of southern Punjab has historically been made up of Saraiki people who speak the Saraiki language. This area is often alternatively called Saraikistan or Rohi. Sometimes, the Saraiki-concentrated districts of Bhakkar, Mianwali and D.I. Khan in Punjab are also associated with the regional belt..
* The Saraiki Nationalist have a demand a separate Saraikistan Province from the southern parts of the Punjab Province.
* The Saraiki Nationalist have a demand of more budget allocation to the southern parts of the Punjab Province till the above demand is accepted.
* A demand of Saraiki being accepted as a separate language rather than a dialect,and its use in official documents for southern Punjab along side Urdu.
Though Saraiki has been accepted as a separate language in Pakistan,it is not used for official purposes.Only two languages are used for nationwide official purposes in Pakistan;[[Urdu]] and [[English language|English]].
==Political parties and groups==
There are some political parties and groups which are working for Separate Saraiki Province in Pakistan
* ''Pakistan Saraiki Party'' :Its head office is at [[Multan]]. Thaj Muhamaad Khan Langah is its president and [[Aslam Rasoolpuri]] is its secretary geneal
* ''Saraikistan qaumi council'' head office multan [[pro shoukat mughal]] and [[zahoor ahmad dhareja]]
* ''Saraiki Quomi Movement, famously known as SQM was founded by Bibi Shahida Naz, Karachi. 1988
Saraki qaumi Movement , Malik Abdul Majeed Karwani Awan (multan)
* ''Saraikistan Qaumi Movement'' :Its head office is at [[Dera Ghazi Khan]]. Hameed Asghar Shaheen (president).
*''Saraiki National Party'' : Its head office is at [[Rahim Yar Khan]].Abdul Majeed Kanjo (President).
* ''Saraikistan Qaumi Ithad'' :Its head office is at [[Mithankot]].Khawaja Ghulam Farid [[Kukhran|Sani]] (president).
* ''Saraiki Soba Movement'', a registered party with Election Commission of Pakistan (Registration notification number F-2(5)2002-CORD (1) dated 21 August 2002). Its head office is located in [[Multan]]. The current President is Malik Mumtaz Hussain Jai (Advocate Supreme Court Pakistan)
* [[Saraiki people]]
* [[Saraiki language]]
* [[Saraiki literature]]
* [[Saraiki nationalist movement]]
* [[Saraiki Waseb]]
* [[Saraiki Culture]]
* [[Bahawalpur (princely state)]]