Ask a question about 'Rite of passage (disambiguation)'
Start a new discussion about 'Rite of passage (disambiguation)'
Answer questions from other users
A rite of passage
A rite of passage is a ritual event that marks a person's progress from one status to another. It is a universal phenomenon which can show anthropologists what social hierarchies, values and beliefs are important in specific cultures....
is a ritual that marks a change in a person's social or sexual status.
) of passage
may also refer to:
- Rites of Passage (1999 film), a thriller starring Dean Stockwell
- Rites of Passage (2011 film)
Rites of Passage is an upcoming American thriller film written and directed by W. Peter Iliff. The film stars Wes Bentley, Kate Maberly, Ryan Donowho, Christian Slater and Stephen Dorff. It is currently in post-production.-Plot:...
, an upcoming thriller starring Wes Bentley
- Rites of Passage, a 1983 short film by Richard Stanley
- Rites of Passage: The Rebirth of Combat Sports, a 2001 MMA documentary produced by Frederico Lapenda
Frederico Lapenda is a Brazilian-born fight promoter and movie producer who is one of the pioneers of the sport of vale tudo and mixed martial arts and is widely credited, along with Ultimate Fighting Championship creator Art Davie, as being responsible for creating the worldwide MMA movement.The...
- Rite of Passage (novel), a 1968 novel by Alexei Panshin
- Rite of Passage, a 1994 posthumously published novel by Richard Wright
Richard Nathaniel Wright was an African-American author of sometimes controversial novels, short stories, poems, and non-fiction. Much of his literature concerns racial themes, especially those involving the plight of African-Americans during the late 19th to mid 20th centuries...
- Rites of Passage (novel), a 1980 novel by William Golding and first part of the trilogy To the Ends of the Earth
- Rites of Passage (magazine), later the Transsexual News Telegraph, a 1991-2002 periodical covering issues related to transsexuality
- Rites of Passage (Sculthorpe)
Rites of Passage is a music theatre work written by the Australian composer Peter Sculthorpe in 1972-73. It is often categorised as an opera, but it does not conform to the traditional concept of opera...
, a 1972-73 music theatre work by Peter Sculthorpe
- Rites of Passage (Brother Ali album)
Rites of Passage is the first album by American hip hop artist Brother Ali. It was released on Rhymesayers Entertainment on April 1, 2000. It is a cassette-only album produced by Brother Ali with very small original circulation. It has been re-issued following Ali's very successful later albums...
- Rites of Passage (Indigo Girls album), 1992
- Rites of Passage (Roger Hodgson album), 1996
- "A Rite of Passage", a song by Dream Theater from Black Clouds & Silver Linings
Black Clouds & Silver Linings is the tenth studio album by American progressive metal band Dream Theater, released on June 23, 2009 through Roadrunner Records. It is the band's last album to feature drummer and founding member Mike Portnoy before his departure on September 8, 2010. The album was...
- "Rite of Passage" (The Outer Limits)
- "Rite of Passage" (Stargate SG-1)
- "Rites of Passage" (Goodnight Sweetheart)
- "Rites of Passage" (Miami Vice)
- Rites of Passage (educational program), an educational program on African American history
- Rite of Passage (horse)
Rite of Passage is a British-bred, Irish-trained Thoroughbred racehorse best known for winning the Ascot Gold Cup and being named Cartier Racing Award for European Champion Stayer in 2010. His career was unusual in the fact that he established himself as a high-class performer under National Hunt...
(foaled 2004), a Thoroughbred racehorse
- "My Rite of Passage", an episode of the TV series Scrubs