is the fourth studio album
A studio album is an album made up of tracks recorded in the controlled environment of a recording studio. A studio album contains newly written and recorded or previously unreleased or remixed material, distinguishing itself from a compilation or reissue album of previously recorded material, or...
by Australian CCM
Contemporary Christian music is a genre of modern popular music which is lyrically focused on matters concerned with the Christian faith...
In music, a musical ensemble or band is a group of musicians that works together to perform music. The following articles concern types of musical bands:* All-female band* Big band* Boy band* Christian band* Church band* Concert band* Cover band...
Newsboys are a Christian pop rock band founded in 1985 in Mooloolaba, Australia. They have released 15 studio albums, six of which have been certified gold...
, released in 1992. The album was the Newsboys' first commercially successful album, with the title track "I'm Not Ashamed" becoming a hit on Christian radio. Also, starting with this album, Steve Taylor
Roland Stephen Taylor , is an American Christian singer, songwriter, record producer and film director.-Early life:Taylor, the eldest of three children, was born in Brawley, California. Taylor's father, Roland Taylor, was a Baptist minister. When Taylor was six years old, the family relocated to...
started co-writing many of the band's songs with Peter Furler
Peter Andrew Furler is an Australian musician, songwriter, producer, and record executive but is best known as the former lead singer for the Christian rock band Newsboys.-Biography:...
- "I Cannot Get You Out of My System" – 3:18 lead vocals: Peter Furler
- "I'm Not Ashamed" – 3:52 lead vocals: Peter Furler
- "Where You Belong/Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" – 5:32 lead vocals: John James & Peter Furler
- "Upon This Rock" – 4:39 lead vocals: John James
- "Strong Love" – 4:02 lead vocals: Peter Furler
- "Dear Shame" – 3:50 lead vocals: John James & Peter Furler
- "Boycott Hell" – 3:41 lead vocals: John James. Rap by Steve Taylor
- "We Come Together" – 4:36 lead vocals: Peter Furler
- "Love Comes True" – 3:32 lead vocals: John James
- "Lost the Sky Again" – 5:05 lead vocals: Steve Taylor & Peter Furler
- I Cannot Get You Out of My System
- I'm Not Ashamed
- Where You Belong/Turn You Eyes Upon Jesus
- Dear Shame
- "I'm Not Ashamed"
- "Where You Belong/Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus"
- "Upon This Rock"
- "I Cannot Get You Out of My System"
- "Strong Love"
- "Dear Shame"
- John James - lead vocals
- Peter Furler - drums, vocals
- Corey Pryor - keyboards, samples
- Sean Taylor - bass
- Dave Perkins - guitars
- Phil Madeira - organ, piano, slide guitar
- Eric Darken - percussion
- John Painter - mellotron, clavinet, trumpet, bass
- Vicki Hampton - vocals
- Fleming McWilliams - vocals
- Steve Taylor - vocals
- "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" was originally written in the early 1920s, however, Steve Taylor wrote the lyrics to "Where You Belong".
- "Boycott Hell" was written and originally recorded by DeGarmo and Key
DeGarmo & Key was a Christian Rock group that started professionally in 1978. The primary members were Eddie DeGarmo and Dana Key. Eddie played keyboards and sang background vocals , while Dana played lead guitar and did the majority of the lead vocals. Other members included Tommy Cathey on bass...
for their album "The Pledge" in 1989. Also, the Newsboys' version of this song features a short rap performed by Steve Taylor, poking fun at the song's lyrics.
- "I'm Not Ashamed" was covered by Australian band Compliments of Gus on their 2007 album "If This Is The End...".
Toby McKeehan , better known by his stage name TobyMac , is a Christian recording artist, music producer, hip-hop/pop artist, singer-songwriter, and author....
co-writes "Strong Love" at the same time Free at Last
Free at Last is the third studio album from DC Talk, which was released in 1992. Music videos were filmed for "Jesus Is Just Alright", "The Hardway" and "Luv Is A Verb"...