Ask a question about 'National Register of Historic Places listings in Lee County, Arkansas'
Start a new discussion about 'National Register of Historic Places listings in Lee County, Arkansas'
Answer questions from other users
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Lee County, Arkansas
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places
The National Register of Historic Places is the United States government's official list of districts, sites, buildings, structures, and objects deemed worthy of preservation...
in Lee County
Arkansas is a state located in the southern region of the United States. Its name is an Algonquian name of the Quapaw Indians. Arkansas shares borders with six states , and its eastern border is largely defined by the Mississippi River...
, United States
The United States of America is a federal constitutional republic comprising fifty states and a federal district...
. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 11 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark
A National Historic Landmark is a building, site, structure, object, or district, that is officially recognized by the United States government for its historical significance...
. Another property was once listed but has been removed.
|| Landmark name
||City or Town
|| Mixon-Evans Barn
|| 459 S. Alabama St. and U.S. Route 1
U.S. Route 1 is a major north–south U.S. Highway that serves the East Coast of the United States. It runs 2,377 miles from Fort Kent, Maine at the Canadian border south to Key West, Florida. U.S. 1 generally parallels Interstate 95, though it is significantly farther west between...
Marianna is a city in and the county seat of Lee County, Arkansas, United States, along the L'Anguille River. The community was established by Col. Walter H. Otey in 1848 and was known as Walnut Ridge until 1852 when it became known as Marianna...