Ask a question about 'Nalda'
Start a new discussion about 'Nalda'
Answer questions from other users
is a municipality of the autonomous community of La Rioja (Spain
Spain , officially the Kingdom of Spain languages]] under the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages. In each of these, Spain's official name is as follows:;;;;;;), is a country and member state of the European Union located in southwestern Europe on the Iberian Peninsula...
). It is located near the capital, Logroño
Logroño is a city in northern Spain, on the Ebro River. It is the capital of the autonomous community of La Rioja, formerly known as La Rioja Province.The population of Logroño in 2008 was 153,736 and a metropolitan population of nearly 197,000 inhabitants...
. Its population at January 2006 was of 1,074 inhabitants and has 24.6 km extension.
The town was the scene of the preliminaries of the famous Battle of Clavijo
The Battle of Clavijo was a legendary battle, supposedly fought in 844 near Clavijo between the Christians led by Ramiro I of Asturias and the Muslims led by the Emir of Córdoba. Saint James the Great, known to Spaniards as Santiago Matamoros , is reputed to have aided the vastly outnumbered...
between Arabs and Christians in year 844. It appears mentioned for the first time in 11th century, in the relation of properties that the king Don García of Nájera
García Sánchez III, sometimes García III, IV, V, or VI , was king of Navarre from 1035 to 1054...
granted to his wife Estefanía.
From the 14th century to the 19th century, Nalda became the head of the Señorío de Cameros
- Church of Asunción. Of Renaissance
The Renaissance was a cultural movement that spanned roughly the 14th to the 17th century, beginning in Italy in the Late Middle Ages and later spreading to the rest of Europe. The term is also used more loosely to refer to the historical era, but since the changes of the Renaissance were not...
style, it was constructed in 16th century.
- Hermitage of Santa Maria de Villavieja. Baroque construction of 17th century made in rubblework and brick. It is located to a kilometer of the village.