Ask a question about 'Max Trautz'
Start a new discussion about 'Max Trautz'
Answer questions from other users
was a German
Germany , officially the Federal Republic of Germany , is a federal parliamentary republic in Europe. The country consists of 16 states while the capital and largest city is Berlin. Germany covers an area of 357,021 km2 and has a largely temperate seasonal climate...
A chemist is a scientist trained in the study of chemistry. Chemists study the composition of matter and its properties such as density and acidity. Chemists carefully describe the properties they study in terms of quantities, with detail on the level of molecules and their component atoms...
. He was very productive with over 190 scientific publications especially in the field of chemical kinetics
Chemical kinetics, also known as reaction kinetics, is the study of rates of chemical processes. Chemical kinetics includes investigations of how different experimental conditions can influence the speed of a chemical reaction and yield information about the reaction's mechanism and transition...
. He was the first to investigate the activation energy of molecules by connecting Max Planck's
Max Karl Ernst Ludwig Planck, ForMemRS, was a German physicist who actualized the quantum physics, initiating a revolution in natural science and philosophy. He is regarded as the founder of the quantum theory, for which he received the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1918.-Life and career:Planck came...
new results concerning light with observations in chemistry.
He is also known as the founder of collision theory
Collision theory is a theory proposed by Max Trautz and William Lewis in 1916 and 1918, that qualitatively explains how chemical reactions occur and why reaction rates differ for different reactions. For a reaction to occur the reactant particles must collide. Only a certain fraction of the total...
together with the British scientist William Lewis
William Lewis was involved in English Association Football in various capacities in the early 20th century. He was first a referee, then a director and later manager of Brentford between 1900 and 1903. He became the first club secretary of Chelsea Football Club when it was founded in 1905, with his...
. While Trautz published his work in 1916, Lewis published it in 1918. However, they were unaware of each others work due to World War I
World War I , which was predominantly called the World War or the Great War from its occurrence until 1939, and the First World War or World War I thereafter, was a major war centred in Europe that began on 28 July 1914 and lasted until 11 November 1918...
- Trautz, Max. Der Temperaturkoeffizient der spezifischen Wärme von Gasen, 1913
- Trautz, Max. Die Theorie der chemischen Reaktionsgeschwindigkeit und ein neues Grenzgesetz für ideale Gase, 1915
- Trautz, Max. Messungen der spezifischen Wärme von Co 2, Cl 2 und So 2, 1916
- Trautz, Max. Das Gesetz der Reaktionsgeschwindigkeit und der Gleichgewichte in Gasen. Bestätigung der Additivität von Cv-3/2R. Neue Bestimmung der Integrationskonstanten und der Moleküldurchmesser, Zeitschrift für anorganische und allgemeine Chemie, Volume 96, Issue 1, Pages 1 – 28, 1916
- Trautz, Max. Die Theorie der Gasreaktionen und der Molarwärmen und die Abweichungen von der Additivität der inneren Atomenergie, 1917
- Trautz, Max. Praktische Einführung in die Allgemeine Chemie, 1917
- Trautz, Max. Der Verlauf der chemischen Vorgänge im Dunkeln und im Licht, 1917.
- Trautz, Max. Die Einwirkung von Stickoxyd auf Chlor
- Trautz, Max. Die langsame Verbrennung des Jodwasserstoffgases
- Trautz, Max. Die Reibung, Wärmeleitung und Diffusion in Gasmischungen
- Trautz, Max. Lehrbuch der Chemie