Ask a question about 'Maléku language'
Start a new discussion about 'Maléku language'
Answer questions from other users
The Maléku Jaíka language
, also called Guatuso
, is an indigenous language of north central Costa Rica
Costa Rica , officially the Republic of Costa Rica is a multilingual, multiethnic and multicultural country in Central America, bordered by Nicaragua to the north, Panama to the southeast, the Pacific Ocean to the west and the Caribbean Sea to the east....
. It is a Chibchan language
The Chibchan languages make up a language family indigenous to the Isthmo-Colombian area, which extends from eastern Honduras to northern Colombia and includes populations of these countries as well as Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama...
spoken by around 750 indigenous Maléku people.
- kapi kapi = hello (with a knocking gesture on your partner's shoulder)
- afekapian = Thank you
- w-ay = yes
- hebet = no
- fufu = morfo butterfly
- niskak = bird
- pili = toucan
- pek-pen = frog
- gnou-ek = red-eye frog
- ti-fakara = waterfall
- irri miotem? = what is your name?
- mioten ... = my name is ...
- arrachapi kahole = I would like a cup of coffee
- errekeki kerakou = let's go (to a place)
- erreke malehila =let's go swimming