Ask a question about 'Johnathan Walton'
Start a new discussion about 'Johnathan Walton'
Answer questions from other users
is a Jamaican born, four-time Emmy Award winning, comedic TV reporter, stand-up comedian and TV producer. His TV career began at WSVN-TV the FOX affiliate in Miami, Florida as a Special Projects segment producer. He later moved to San Antonio, Texas to be the Comedy TV reporter at KABB-TV the city’s FOX affiliate and then he did a 5 year Comedy TV reporter stint at CBS in Houston. Currently he’s living in Los Angeles writing, doing stand-up comedy and producing TV Shows.
- Born in 1974 on the Caribbean Island
The Caribbean is a crescent-shaped group of islands more than 2,000 miles long separating the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea, to the west and south, from the Atlantic Ocean, to the east and north...
of Jamaica, he was raised by his Jamaican-Lebanese mother and grandmother.
- Attended Prep School in Kingston
Kingston is the capital and largest city of Jamaica, located on the southeastern coast of the island. It faces a natural harbour protected by the Palisadoes, a long sand spit which connects the town of Port Royal and the Norman Manley International Airport to the rest of the island...
Jamaica is an island nation of the Greater Antilles, in length, up to in width and 10,990 square kilometres in area. It is situated in the Caribbean Sea, about south of Cuba, and west of Hispaniola, the island harbouring the nation-states Haiti and the Dominican Republic...
- In 1992 at the age of 17, Walton graduated from Campion College
Campion College is an Australian Roman Catholic dedicated Liberal Arts college. It is a located at Austin Woodbury Place, Old Toongabbie in the western suburbs of Sydney, approximately 45 minutes from the central business district of Sydney, Australia. It is the first tertiary educational Liberal...
, a Jamaican high school extolling the virtues of a British Colonial education.
- Johnathan moved to South Florida
Florida is a state in the southeastern United States, located on the nation's Atlantic and Gulf coasts. It is bordered to the west by the Gulf of Mexico, to the north by Alabama and Georgia and to the east by the Atlantic Ocean. With a population of 18,801,310 as measured by the 2010 census, it...
to attend Broward Community College.
- Graduated two years later with an Associate of Arts Degree in Television and Radio Broadcasting
- Moved to Orlando, Florida
Orlando is a city in the central region of the U.S. state of Florida. It is the county seat of Orange County, and the center of the Greater Orlando metropolitan area. According to the 2010 US Census, the city had a population of 238,300, making Orlando the 79th largest city in the United States...
to attend University of Central Florida
The University of Central Florida, commonly referred to as UCF, is a metropolitan public research university located in Orlando, Florida, United States...
for two years.
- Finished degree at Florida International University
Florida International University is an American public research university in metropolitan Miami, Florida, in the United States, with its main campus in University Park...
in Miami with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Broadcasting.
- Hired in 1998 at FOX Miami(WSVN-TV) as a Special Projects Segment producer.
- Hired at KABB
KABB is the Fox Network affiliate television station in San Antonio, Texas. It is co-owned with The CW Television Network affiliate KMYS by the Sinclair Broadcast Group...
FOX 29 in San Antonio on June 5, 2000 as Comedic TV Reporter.
- Had a 3 minute segment titled "Walton's Window"
- One year and eight months later, he was hired at KHOU-TV, the CBS affiliate in Houston, to be the Comedic TV reporter on 11 News This Morning, where he worked until July 2007.
- Currently writing and producing TV shows for The Cartoon Network and The History Channel
Walton has self produced six 30 minute primetime specials for KHOU.
The titles and dates they aired are;
- Christmas in Walton's World - December 2002 - Won Emmy
- The Best of Walton's World - December 2003 - Won Emmy
- The Best of Walton's World Strikes Back - December 2004 - Won Emmy
- Walton's World Gone Wild - December 2005 - Won Emmy
- The Best of Walton's World: Summer Blowout - August 2006
- Walton Prime - December 2006
Houston Chronicle columnist Ken Hoffman has frequently referred to Walton as a "class clown" and writes "he's not funny." He says that Walton is the weakness of KHOU.
- Has won four Regional Emmys for his Primetime TV Specials for CBS Houston.
- 2006 Emmy for Walton's World Gone Wild aired Dec. 2005. KHOU-TV Houston Johnathan Walton, Reporter
- 2005 Emmy for The Best of Walton's World Strikes Back aired Dec. 2004.
KHOU-TV Houston Johnathan Walton, Reporter
- 2004 Emmy for The Best of Walton's World Gone Wild
KHOU-TV Johnathan Walton, Reporter
- 2003 Emmy for Christmas in Walton's World show.
- Gave his first Emmy to his mom, who put it on her mantel.
- 2004 Texas Associated Press Broadcasters First Place Light Feature.
- Numerous Houston Press Club Lone Star Awards
- 2003 Houston Chronicle Award for "Baffoon." Described as "A pudgy, puckish clown for the 21st century,"
- 2006 Houston Chronicle Award for Funny Person on Local TV. Described as "tickles us best"