Ask a question about 'Henri Blocher'
Start a new discussion about 'Henri Blocher'
Answer questions from other users
Henri A. G. Blocher
, a French evangelical
Evangelicalism is a Protestant Christian movement which began in Great Britain in the 1730s and gained popularity in the United States during the series of Great Awakenings of the 18th and 19th century.Its key commitments are:...
theologian, is Gunther Knoedler Professor of Systematic Theology
In the context of Christianity, systematic theology is a discipline of Christian theology that attempts to formulate an orderly, rational, and coherent account of the Christian faith and beliefs...
at Wheaton College
Wheaton College is a private, evangelical Protestant liberal arts college in Wheaton, Illinois, a suburb west of Chicago in the United States...
Graduate School and is Professor of Systematic Theology, Faculte Libre de Theologie Evangelique, Vaux-sur-Seine, France.
Blocher earned a B.D.
In Western universities, a Bachelor of Divinity is usually an undergraduate academic degree awarded for a course taken in the study of divinity or related disciplines, such as theology or, rarely, religious studies....
degree from Gordon Divinity School (1959), a Diplôme d’Etudes Supérieures de Théologie (old doctoral regime), from Faculté Libre de Théologie Protestante of Paris (1974), and D.D.
Doctor of Divinity is an advanced academic degree in divinity. Historically, it identified one who had been licensed by a university to teach Christian theology or related religious subjects....
degree from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
Gordon–Conwell Theological Seminary is an evangelical theological seminary whose main campus is based in South Hamilton, Massachusetts, with three other campuses in Boston, Charlotte, North Carolina and Jacksonville. The current president of Gordon-Conwell is Dennis Hollinger...
(1989). He has taught in Africa, Australia, Canada, Europe and the United States. Blocher was involved with the Lausanne Committee on World Evangelisation from 1975 to 1980 and is connected to a number of Evangelical groups and colleges around the world.
Blocher is a proponent of the framework interpretation of the Genesis creation account.
- Original Sin: Illuminating the Riddle
Original Sin is a short theological monograph based on Lectures given by Henri Blocher in 1995 at Moore Theological College in Sydney, Australia. It articulates the major contours of the Christian doctrine of original sin. D.A...
, InterVarsity Press (January 2001) ISBN 083082605X
- In the Beginning: The Opening Chapters of Genesis, InterVarsity Press (November 1984) ISBN 0877843252
- Evil and the Cross : An Analytical Look at the Problem of Pain, Kregel Publications (March 2005) ISBN 0825420768
- "The Analogy of Faith in the Study of Scripture," in The Challenge of Evangelical Theology (Edinburgh: Rutherford House, 1987) ISBN 0946068267
- La Doctrine du péché et de la rédemption, Vaux-sur-Seine, Edifac (March 2001) ISBN 2904407286
- La Doctrine du Christ, Vaux-sur-Seine, Edifac (March 2002) ISBN 2904407332
- La Bible au microscope: Exégèse et théologie biblique, vol. 1, Vaux-sur-Seine, Edifac (March 2006) ISBN 2904407405