Hans Raj Hans
is an Indian Punjabi language
Punjabi is an Indo-Aryan language spoken by inhabitants of the historical Punjab region . For Sikhs, the Punjabi language stands as the official language in which all ceremonies take place. In Pakistan, Punjabi is the most widely spoken language...
Hans was born in Shafipur, a village near Jalandhar
Jalandhar is a city in Jalandhar District in the state of Punjab, India. It is located 144 km northwest of the state capital, Chandigarh...
, Punjab, India. He is the second son of Late Sardar Arjan Singh Ji and Mata Ajit Kaur Ji (she now lives in Totonto, Canada). Hans had no musical history in his family, yet he began singing at a young age. Hans attended college in Jalandhar. He started his career by performing at youth festivals and first became known by winning musical competitions in college.
he is a Punjabi(India). Hans had an incessant love for Sufi Music right from the start. He is one of the elite Sufi singers of India with his unique voice quality and singing diction.
Hans Raj Hans sings Punjabi folk, devotional and Sufi music
Sufi music is the devotional music of the Sufis, inspired by the works of Sufi poets, like Rumi, Hafiz, Bulleh Shah and Khwaja Ghulam Farid.Qawwali is the most well known form of Sufi music, common in India and Pakistan...
but has also sung in movies and released his own Indipop albums. He worked with renowned artists such as the late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
, in the movie Kachche Dhaage
Kachche Dhaage is a 1999 Hindi action thriller film directed by Milan Luthria and starring Ajay Devgan, Saif Ali Khan and Manisha Koirala. The film, which features Devgan as a smuggler, delivering goods across the Rajasthan-Pakistan border, was filmed in the deserts of Rajasthan and in Switzerland...
On the 16 May 2009 he unsuccessfully contested from Jalandhar
Jalandhar Lok Sabha constituency is one of the 13 Lok Sabha constituencies in Punjab state in northern India.-Assembly segments:...
constituency in Indian Punjab on Shiromani Akali Dal
The Shiromani Akali Dal , translation: Supreme Akali Party) is a Sikh nationalist political parties based in Punjab. The current party to be recognized by the Election Commission of India is the one led by Parkash Singh Badal...
- 2011 Mausam (Ik Tu Hi Tu Hi )
- 2011 23rd Chapter Of Hans Raj Hans (Kamlee Records/Music Waves)
- 2008 Yaara O Yaara (MovieBox/Planet Recordz/Speed Records)
- 2007 Wanjara (T-Series)
- 2003 Tera Ishq (Music Ticket)
- 2002 Ghama Di Raat
- 2001 Sab Ton Sohni (T-Series)
- 2001 Jhanjar
- 1999 Chorni (T-Series)
- 1997 Lal Garara
- 1994 Mohabbat
- 1993 Ishqe Di Barsaat
- 1992 Jhanjaria
- 1992 Aar Tutdi Naa Paar Tutdi
- 1991 Thah Karke
- 1990 Tera Mera Pyar
- 1990 Ashiqan Di Kahdi Zindagi
- 1990 Waris Punjab De (Music Bank
- Disc two :-Disc three :-Personnel:*Mark Arm - Assistant vocals on "Right Turn"*Jeff Beck - Graphic Design*Jerry Cantrell - guitar, vocals*Chris Cornell - Assistant guitar, lyrics, vocals on "Right Turn"*Peter Cronin - Photography...
- 1987 Ek Kuri Mainu Rajheon Fakir Kar Gai
- 1989 Balle Ni Rahe Rahe
- 1987 Ek Dang Hor Mar Ja
- 2011 Amrit Varga Paani (With Sardool Sikander
Sardool Sikander is a Punjabi folk singer, sometimes called "The King of Bhangra" making his first appearances on radio and television in the early 1980s with his introductory album, "Roadways Di Laari". He has appeared in numerous films as an actor and musician. He also acted in a handful of...
) World Music
- 2009 Koi Aan Milavai (featuring Sant Anoop Singh (Una Sahib Wale) & Bhai Maninder Singh (Sri Nagar Wale))
- 2008 300 Saala Hazoor Sahib (T-Series)
- 2006 Bole So Nihaal (Duo Collaboration with Sardool Sikander)
- 2006 Sikhi Diyan Shaana
- 2004 Nikey Nikey Do Khalse (T-Series)
- 2003 Wadda Mera Govind
- 2000 Amritdhara
- 1997 Mera Bajaan Wala Maahi
- 1991 Patta Patta Singhan Da Vairi (T-Series)
- Hans Raj Hans' IMDB entry