Ask a question about 'Frank Barnaby'
Start a new discussion about 'Frank Barnaby'
Answer questions from other users
Frank Charles Barnaby
is Nuclear Issues Consultant to the Oxford Research Group
Oxford Research Group is an independent non-governmental organisation and UK registered charity, which works together with others to promote a more sustainable approach to security for the UK and the world. In April 2005, ORG was named one of the top 20 think tanks in the UK by The Independent...
, a freelance defence analyst, and a prolific author on military technology, based in the UK.
Barnaby trained as a nuclear physicist and worked at the Atomic Weapons Research Establishment, Aldermaston
Aldermaston is a rural village, civil parish and electoral ward in Berkshire, South-East England. In the 2001 United Kingdom Census, the parish had a population of 927. The village is on the southern edge of the River Kennet flood plain, near the Hampshire county boundary...
, between 1951 and 1957. He was on the senior scientific staff of the Medical Research Council (UK)
The Medical Research Council is a publicly-funded agency responsible for co-ordinating and funding medical research in the United Kingdom. It is one of seven Research Councils in the UK and is answerable to, although politically independent from, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills...
when a university lecturer at University College London
University College London is a public research university located in London, United Kingdom and the oldest and largest constituent college of the federal University of London...
(1957–67). Barnaby was Director of the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) from 1971-81. He was a Professor at the VU University Amsterdam 1981-85, and awarded the Harold Stassen Chair of International Relations at the University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities is a public research university located in Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, United States. It is the oldest and largest part of the University of Minnesota system and has the fourth-largest main campus student body in the United States, with 52,557...
- Man and the Atom (Minerva, 1971)
- The Invisible Bomb (Tauris, 1989
- The Gaia Peace Atlas (Pan, 1989)
- The Automated Battlefield (Sidgwick & Jackson, 1987)
- Star Wars (Fourth Estate, 1987)
- Future Warfare (Michael Joseph, 1986)
- The Role and Control of Military Force in the 1990s (1992)
- How to Build a Nuclear Bomb (2003)
- How to Make a Nuclear Weapon and other Weapons of Mass Destruction (Granta, 2004)
- This article was originally based on material from http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Frank_Barnaby&oldid=265670, which is licensed under the GFDL.