Forsterygion is a genus of triplefin
s in the family
Threefin or triplefin blennies are blennioids, small perciform marine fish of the family Tripterygiidae. Found in tropical and temperate waters of the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Oceans, the family contains approximately 150 species in 30 genera...
s in the family
In biological classification, family is* a taxonomic rank. Other well-known ranks are life, domain, kingdom, phylum, class, order, genus, and species, with family fitting between order and genus. As for the other well-known ranks, there is the option of an immediately lower rank, indicated by the...
- Chatham deepwater triplefin, Forsterygion bathytaton Hardy, 1989
- Yellow-and-black triplefinYellow-and-black triplefinThe yellow-and-black triplefin, Forsterygion flavonigrum, a triplefin of the genus Forsterygion, is found around the north of the North Island of New Zealand at depths of between 15 and 30 m, in reef areas of broken rock...
, Forsterygion flavonigrum Fricke & Roberts, 1994
- Common triplefinCommon triplefinThe common triplefin, Forsterygion lapillum, is a fish of the genus Forsterygion, found around the coast of New Zealand down to depths of about 15 m. Its length is between 4 to 8 cm.-References:...
, Forsterygion lapillum Hardy, 1989
- Mottled triplefinMottled triplefinThe mottled triplefin, Forsterygion malcolmi, is a triplefin of the genus Forsterygion, found around New Zealand at depths down to 30 m, in reef areas of broken rock.-References:...
, Forsterygion malcolmi Hardy, 1987
- Deepwater triplefin, Forsterygion profundum Fricke & Roberts, 1994
- Striped triplefin, Forsterygion varium (ForsterJohann Reinhold ForsterJohann Reinhold Forster was a German Lutheran pastor and naturalist of partial Scottish descent who made contributions to the early ornithology of Europe and North America...