Ask a question about 'Fob'
Start a new discussion about 'Fob'
Answer questions from other users
is an object used to make manual access easier. It may refer to:
- Fob pocket, a small pocket in trousers or waistcoats originally intended to hold a pocket watch
- Key fob, a medallion used to identify a key ring, or position on the ring
- Watch fob, a medallion or ornament attached to a pocket watch to assist in handling
It may also refer to:
Science and Medicine
- Faecal occult blood, blood present in faeces that cannot be seen
- Follow-on biologics, a term used to describe generic biologics
- A small electronic security token
A security token may be a physical device that an authorized user of computer services is given to ease authentication...
, often called a key fob
- A Frequency Operated Button
- Fixed odds betting terminal, an electromechanical gambling machine
Music and Entertainment
- Fall Out Boy
Fall Out Boy is an American rock band from Wilmette, Illinois, formed in 2001. The band consists of vocalist, guitarist and composer Patrick Stump, bassist and lyricist Pete Wentz, guitarist Joe Trohman, and drummer Andy Hurley. The band released five studio albums from 2003–2008...
, an American rock group
- FOB (play)
FOB is a 1980 Obie Award-winning play by American playwright David Henry Hwang. Hwang's first play, it depicts the contrasts and conflicts between established Asian Americans and "fresh off the boat" newcomer immigrants...
, a 1981 play by David Henry Hwang
- Forward Operating Base
A forward operating base is any secured forward military position, commonly a military base, that is used to support tactical operations. A FOB may or may not contain an airfield, hospital, or other facilities. The base may be used for an extended period of time. FOBs are traditionally supported...
, any secured forward position that is used to support tactical operations
- Fractional Orbital Bombardment, a method of nuclear weapons delivery
- Australian slang for a person of Māori, Polynesian or Islander descent.
- Federal Office Building (disambiguation), various office buildings owned or occupied by the United States Government
- FOB (shipping)
FOB is an initialism which pertains to the shipping of goods. Depending on specific usage, it may stand for Free On Board or Freight On Board. FOB specifies which party pays for which shipment and loading costs, and/or where responsibility for the goods is transferred...
, Free or Freight on Board, terms used in commercial shipping
- Fresh off the boat
The phrases Fresh off the boat , Off the boat , or just simply Boat; are terminologies used to describe immigrants that have arrived from a foreign nation and have not yet assimilated into the host nation's culture, language, and behavior. Within some ethnic Asian circles in the United States, the...
, a slang phrase for newly arrived immigrants