is a free, online (web-based
A web application is an application that is accessed over a network such as the Internet or an intranet. The term may also mean a computer software application that is coded in a browser-supported language and reliant on a common web browser to render the application executable.Web applications are...
) graphic design
Graphic design is a creative process – most often involving a client and a designer and usually completed in conjunction with producers of form – undertaken in order to convey a specific message to a targeted audience...
and desktop publishing
Desktop publishing is the creation of documents using page layout software on a personal computer.The term has been used for publishing at all levels, from small-circulation documents such as local newsletters to books, magazines and newspapers...
software and image editor, with integrated tools for creating page layout
Page layout is the part of graphic design that deals in the arrangement and style treatment of elements on a page.- History and development :...
, painting, coloring and editing pictures and photos
In computer graphics, a raster graphics image, or bitmap, is a data structure representing a generally rectangular grid of pixels, or points of color, viewable via a monitor, paper, or other display medium...
, drawing vector images, using dingbat vector clipart
A dingbat is an ornament, character or spacer used in typesetting, sometimes more formally known as a "printer's ornament" or "printer's character"....
, writing rich text
Formatted text, styled text or rich text, as opposed to plain text, has styling information beyond the minimum of semantic elements: colours, styles , sizes and special features .-Terminology:...
, creating ray traced 3D text logos, and displaying graphics on products from Zazzle
Zazzle is an online retailer that allows users to upload images and create their own merchandise , or buy merchandise created by other users, as well as use images from participating companies...
that can be purchased or sold. Fatpaint integrates desktop publishing features with brush painting, vector drawing and custom printed products in a single Flash
Adobe Flash is a multimedia platform used to add animation, video, and interactivity to web pages. Flash is frequently used for advertisements, games and flash animations for broadcast...
application. It supports the use of a pressure sensitive pen tablet and allows the user to add images to the project by searching on Wikimedia, Picasa, Flickr
Flickr is an image hosting and video hosting website, web services suite, and online community that was created by Ludicorp in 2004 and acquired by Yahoo! in 2005. In addition to being a popular website for users to share and embed personal photographs, the service is widely used by bloggers to...
Google Inc. is an American multinational public corporation invested in Internet search, cloud computing, and advertising technologies. Google hosts and develops a number of Internet-based services and products, and generates profit primarily from advertising through its AdWords program...
, Yahoo, Bing and Fatpaint's own collection of public domain images. The completed project can be saved on Fatpaint's server or your own computer.
Fatpaint has vector shape creation tools for drawing circles, rectangles, stars, triangles, crosses, spirals, splines, straight lines and lines that you can manipulate with bezier nodes. It also comes with thousands of vector images that you can put into your designs. Fatpaint runs on all major browsers on Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
- 3D Text objects: Create photo realistic ray traced 3D text logos and images.
- Image objects: Paint on multiple layers, import or create your own brushes, clone painting and painting with effects.
- Vector drawing objects: Create vector images using multiple paths.
- Text objects: Write rich text. Choose among 981 fonts.
- Effect objects: Blur, Drop Shadow, Glow, Gradient Glow, Bevel, Gradient Bevel, Color manipulations.
- Page layout: Create multiple pages, each up to 64 megapixels in size. Arrange graphical objects on them, each up to 7.8 megapixels in size.
- It is possible to place graphical objects inside one another and transform them in 2d and 3d. You can also skew, bend and distort images and text.
- Design, purchase and sell custom printed products. Fatpaint takes care of sending your graphics to the printing company.
- Supports pressure sensitive Pen Tablets.
- Contains thousands of fonts, public domain images, cliparts and brushes.
Fatpaint is owned by start-up company Mersica and was launched in May 2010, after 5 years of development by Danish/Brazilian software developer Mario Gomes Cavalcanti.