Ask a question about 'European Multimedia Associations Convention'
Start a new discussion about 'European Multimedia Associations Convention'
Answer questions from other users
The European Multimedia Associations Convention
(EMMAC) is a Europe
Europe is, by convention, one of the world's seven continents. Comprising the westernmost peninsula of Eurasia, Europe is generally 'divided' from Asia to its east by the watershed divides of the Ural and Caucasus Mountains, the Ural River, the Caspian and Black Seas, and the waterways connecting...
an network of multimedia
Multimedia is media and content that uses a combination of different content forms. The term can be used as a noun or as an adjective describing a medium as having multiple content forms. The term is used in contrast to media which use only rudimentary computer display such as text-only, or...
associations driven by the European Multimedia Forum (EMF).
The mission of the EMMAC is to:
- promote the multimedia industries at a pan-European and an international level
- strengthen the multimedia community in European through pro-active networking
- develop joint services for the European multimedia industry (international expansion & funding acquisition)
- discover synergies between its members and to develop joint projects to strengthen their network
- increase the dissemination impact through pooled membership and joining forces
- organise joint events for its members
EUREKA, often abbreviated as "E!" or "Σ!", is a pan-European research and development funding and coordination organization. EUREKA aims to coordinate efforts of governments, research institutes and commercial companies concerning innovation...
- Digital audio broadcasting
Digital Audio Broadcasting is a digital radio technology for broadcasting radio stations, used in several countries, particularly in Europe. As of 2006, approximately 1,000 stations worldwide broadcast in the DAB format....
- Flanders Multimedia Valley
Flanders Multimedia Valley the cluster for the multimedia industry in Flanders, was founded by the Flemish Government in 1999. The goal of Flanders Multimedia Valley is to support innovation in ICT and multimedia.-See also:* Agoria...
- Moving Picture Experts Group
The Moving Picture Experts Group is a working group of experts that was formed by ISO and IEC to set standards for audio and video compression and transmission. It was established in 1988 by the initiative of Hiroshi Yasuda and Leonardo Chiariglione, who has been from the beginning the Chairman...
- Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers
The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE , founded in 1916 as the Society of Motion Picture Engineers or SMPE, is an international professional association, based in...